+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think going to the GP is going to help coz you've only just started trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I don't think going to the GP is going to help coz you've only just started trying
    Yes, gp will recommend some vitamins like blackmores conceive well and suggest you purchase some opk's at this stage unless like another pp stated, you are over 38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry can't really give you any advice but my MIL who worked in reproductive medicine for many years told me that if you haven't conceived after 6 months of genuine TTC than you should seek some medical help for investigations.
    Last edited by Skye Baby; 25-06-2016 at 10:36. Reason: Accidentally Posted before I had finished

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took us 13 months TTC #1 and currently at 1.5 years for TTC #2. A doctor won't do anything for you at this point. As other posters have suggested start using OPKs and maybe buy a basal thermometer to begin temping. I use fertility friend for my charting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    Sorry i havent been on in a little while due to work. I went to the Drs 1 week ago (Wed 29/6/16) and I have had a UPT done and it was negative. I came home and did a HPT and it was saying I was 1-2 Weeks. I rang the Drs back and told her, she told me to go back to her and we would do a blood test.

Went back on Friday to get my results and its CONFIRMED I am actually 4 weeks PREGNANT - today I am 4wks and 4 days. So I will be 5 weeks this friday.

I know this sound really out of left field - The Dr told me I am very lucky to fall pregnant so quickly after only trying for two months. I am 36 yrs old and hubby is 37.

I thank you all for your support and encouragement, but I cant be anymore excited.
    This is our first baby.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz2016 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! That's super news. Not out of left field at all, it's very normal for it to take healthy couples 12 months to conceive. All the best!