+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked
    864
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I give her my attention because I feel she needs it. I think half an hour of an evening to talk about her day isn't so bad. I just need to draw the line I suppose.
    I agree. Don't take that time away.
    Can you change the time you have the one on one with her?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

    Cdro  (27-06-2016)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,069
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    I agree with this.

    My DD loves Masterchef, but is sometimes too tired to watch it.

    You can watch it on Tenplay. I would use that as currency!
    I could try that actually! I do need to follow through whatever the consequence though. I have told her she's not allowed to play club penguin on the weekend for her hour of ipad but I always cave.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,069
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    I agree. Don't take that time away.
    Can you change the time you have the one on one with her?
    I've thought about other times but really it's not so easy. I have a 7 year old, a 4 year old and a 13 week old. My time is fairly limited!

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    My eldest is also 9 and she goes to bed at 8pm as does my DS who is 7. Sometimes he is tired earlier and goes to bed at 7:30pm.
    Luckily I have no problems whatsoever with them going to bed when they are supposed to.
    I if it was either of my two I would take Something off them that they like doing, for example take away PlayStation time for DS which is minimal on the weekend anyways. Or do a star/sticker chart and they get a reward after so many stickers give them a reward.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,069
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMZandB View Post
    My eldest is also 9 and she goes to bed at 8pm as does my DS who is 7. Sometimes he is tired earlier and goes to bed at 7:30pm.
    Luckily I have no problems whatsoever with them going to bed when they are supposed to.
    I if it was either of my two I would take Something off them that they like doing, for example take away PlayStation time for DS which is minimal on the weekend anyways. Or do a star/sticker chart and they get a reward after so many stickers give them a reward.
    I wish a sticker chart would work! It gives me an Idea though, I could take away a portion of her canteen money for the week.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked
    864
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I could try that actually! I do need to follow through whatever the consequence though. I have told her she's not allowed to play club penguin on the weekend for her hour of ipad but I always cave.
    Could you change that around....if she goes to bed in whatever manner you are after she earns time?

    I don't limit screen time. But... I do use no devices as a consequence for both children.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,069
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    Could you change that around....if she goes to bed in whatever manner you are after she earns time?

    I don't limit screen time. But... I do use no devices as a consequence for both children.
    That's Good idea. Spin it around as if it's working in her favour! I like that. Thanks so much pompoms !

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I wish a sticker chart would work! It gives me an Idea though, I could take away a portion of her canteen money for the week.
    Does she listen to you? This is what I do with varying success but I'm on my own a lot with my three and I NEED alone time in the evening. I ended up having to say to my oldest that we would pick a ten minute, twenty minute or thirty minute option of mum time. Week days it had to be ten minutes - so little beauty session ect..
    I told her that mum needs her alone time too.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I wish a sticker chart would work! It gives me an Idea though, I could take away a portion of her canteen money for the week.
    If it was me I wouldn't give my child any canteen money unless they had done as they were supposed to for the whole week.
    Go to bed when you're supposed to all week and you get canteen money on Friday. Don't go when you're supposed to even if it's just one night and no money is given for Friday.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,069
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Does she listen to you? This is what I do with varying success but I'm on my own a lot with my three and I NEED alone time in the evening. I ended up having to say to my oldest that we would pick a ten minute, twenty minute or thirty minute option of mum time. Week days it had to be ten minutes - so little beauty session ect..
    I told her that mum needs her alone time too.
    I absolutely struggle with her listening to me. One night I told her to go to her room at 8.30 because I told her I needed my own time. She literally sat near her door with the light off watching me from her room. I don't think she intended on making me feel guilty but I feel like she can be so manipulative sometimes!


 

Similar Threads

  1. *trigger* Highly sexual 3 year old or curious 3 year old?
    By redfacedredhead in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 13:46
  2. Late enrolment for Kindy at this time of the year and waiting lists!
    By bunnymum in forum Preschools and Schools
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-12-2015, 21:25
  3. Time out for 3 year old?
    By ReecesMum in forum Discipline & behaviour
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-07-2015, 22:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!