+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Trampoline centre while potentially pregnant. Yes or no?

Here's a random one for you all. I'm currently ttc and living in tww limbo land. Tomorrow night my work is having their eofy dinner and are all going to the local trampoline centre first. There will apparently be a game of dodgeball on the trampolines too. I wasn't super keen on the idea to begin with but now I'm wondering, is it safe if I do turn out to be pregnant? I figure it probably is and that this is probably a silly question but if I don't ask it's going to bug me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm pretty sure most of the trampoline centres I've taken the kids to say you can't bounce if pregnant. I'm sure it's a precaution but I probably wouldn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I probably would avoid just in case. but id probably avoid it non-pregnant. that kind of stuff is really not my thing. I think realistically if you are pregnant, it would be too early/too small to be damaged by jumping up and down? like I'm sure people do more strenuous things not realizing they're pregnant and everything is fine. but if it gives you peace of mind, don't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't have even second guessed the trampolining part. The dodgeball I might sit out on (and that totally wouldn't have anything to do with my complete uncoordination and accident prone tendencies 😂). I'm sure that early on it wouldn't be an issue. I'd say warnings against pregnant people jumping are probably more to do with extra stretchy ligaments and pelvic floor pressure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You're in the TWW. No stretching of ligaments or pelvic floor pressure is an issue at this point. Bouncing on a trampoline tomorrow night will not affect your pregnancy at this early stage. When pregnant I kept doing all the exercise I normally do until my body told me it was too much - this includes running, jump squats, etc. Early pregnancy risks are more about over heating and even then it's a very very minor risk, like if you sat in a sauna for 2 hours that wouldn't be smart. But bouncing on a trampoline... Meh... You would stop before you got too hot and sweaty.

Dodgeball if it were me I would be worried someone might hit me in the stomach with a ball (which would cause me stress, but essentially your little embryo is still deep down in your pelvis protected by your public bone so it would be safe).

Do what you feel comfortable with, I don't think by attending either activity your putting your potential pregnancy at any sort of risk.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses. I feel comforted that it's most likely safe even if I am pregnant (and that's a pretty big if!). I think part of me was looking for an excuse to make me feel like I had a legitimate reason to skip the whole thing.
    I have no coordination and the whole dodgeball thing is so not my cup of tea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I feel comforted that it's most likely safe even if I am pregnant (and that's a pretty big if!). I think part of me was looking for an excuse to make me feel like I had a legitimate reason to skip the whole thing.
    I have no coordination and the whole dodgeball thing is so not my cup of tea!
    As soon as I read it, I had mental images of me in slow motion montage of all the ways I would/could get injured/injure someone else/come very close to knocking myself out. I hate games like dodgeball. I completely understand where you're coming from. Maybe you'll roll your ankle on your way in to work.😉

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    As soon as I read it, I had mental images of me in slow motion montage of all the ways I would/could get injured/injure someone else/come very close to knocking myself out. I hate games like dodgeball. I completely understand where you're coming from. Maybe you'll roll your ankle on your way in to work.
    Lol! This is what I've been doing most of today! I'm picturing myself attempting to dodge a ball and ending up kneeing myself in the face. Think concussion and missing teeth!
    I like the ankle plan but knowing my luck I'd end up legitimately injuring myself while attempting my fake limp! I'm just that coordinated.
    I have a feeling my asthma will be playing up tomorrow.
    Given I have a cold, it's freezing here at the moment, and my asthma is aggravated by exercise and cold weather, there might even be an element of truth to that one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I avoided my daughters trampoline when TTC and in the tww. That was just what I felt comfortable with

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think opposing player can throw anywhere below the shoulders?? It would be a noooooo for me.