How to stop periods | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have the depo shot every 3 months. Doesn't work well for everyone though. Has worked ok for me. I would get a really light bleed every now and again but it wasn't heavy enough that I actually needed to wear a pad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going in for surgery next month to clamp one tube as I have to have the other ovarie and tube removed as it has a large growth on it.

After I had my son mine were very heavy and causing me lots of pain so happy that this will stop soon.

Wish you the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    This is absolutely incorrect. If the OP has no other gynaecological issues, then using the OCP to reduce the severity and frequency of her bleeds, is absolutely fine. As the OP has had a recent tubal ligation, she has clearly had a recent OBGYN review, and any other pathology would have been brought to her attention.

Natural remedies are all very well, but they do not take the place of correct medical advice. I have no problem with my patients using natural therapies as a complementary medicine.

For the record, the monophasic pill has the added therapeutic benefit of reduced pimples/oily skin also, for the majority of patients.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

I personally like to avoid synthetic medicines such as oral contraceptives and this is why:

"What is not usually mentioned, or even known, is the metabolism of birth control pills by the liver requires extra amounts of the B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and zinc. That means if you're taking birth control pills for years at a time, as are most American women, you're creating nutrient deficiencies. Weight gain, fluid retention, mood changes, depression and even heart disease can all arise from nutrient imbalance.

For example, we now know high levels of an amino acid called homocysteine cause heart disease. And high homocysteine occurs when there is a deficiency of B vitamins and magnesium.

In addition to all this misery, the continuous use of birth control pills like the new no-period pill has not been sufficiently studied. Women who use these methods -- that may be you -- are the "test subjects," if you will, for an ongoing experiment. We have no idea what the long-term effects of daily hormones will do to fertility or other aspects of our health." - Dr. Mercola

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am thinking something more permanent. I have no known medical issues that could be affecting my periods. I just simply do not wish to deal with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaandshaun View Post
    I am thinking something more permanent. I have no known medical issues that could be affecting my periods. I just simply do not wish to deal with them.
    A good friend of mine had an endometrial ablation and she couldn't be happier but I don't really no the risks/benefits of the procedure. What are your thoughts on this one @J37?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyMama View Post
    I personally like to avoid synthetic medicines such as oral contraceptives and this is why:

"What is not usually mentioned, or even known, is the metabolism of birth control pills by the liver requires extra amounts of the B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and zinc. That means if you're taking birth control pills for years at a time, as are most American women, you're creating nutrient deficiencies. Weight gain, fluid retention, mood changes, depression and even heart disease can all arise from nutrient imbalance.

For example, we now know high levels of an amino acid called homocysteine cause heart disease. And high homocysteine occurs when there is a deficiency of B vitamins and magnesium.

In addition to all this misery, the continuous use of birth control pills like the new no-period pill has not been sufficiently studied. Women who use these methods -- that may be you -- are the "test subjects," if you will, for an ongoing experiment. We have no idea what the long-term effects of daily hormones will do to fertility or other aspects of our health." - Dr. Mercola
    Where in God's name did this bit of absolute rubbish come from, and who is Dr Mercola? If it's a paper, which journal? If it's an editorial, which peer-reviewed journal? If you found it on a Google-search, I'm not interested.

Nutrition is a complex subject, and there is more at play than the mere ingestion of the OCP.

How the liver metabolises drugs is actually a subject of pharmacology which is studied extensively, and there is a wealth of knowledge about how the liver does this. Which enzymes, coenzymes and other factors involved, is actually well understood. If you look up a drug such as the ingredients of the OCP, in a pharmacology text, you will be able to find these hepatic (liver) enzymatic pathways in detail. In addition to the % of the drug which is excreted by hepatic deactivation, and the % excreted unchanged by the kidney.

The use of synthetic hormones in areas of medicine such as IVF has also been studied extensively, and IVF has been around long enough now for there to be plenty of longitudinal data available.

8. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (24-06-2016),atomicmama  (22-06-2016),babyno1onboard  (22-06-2016),bel2466  (22-06-2016),BettyV  (22-06-2016),BettyW  (24-06-2016),binnielici  (22-06-2016),Bond Girl  (22-06-2016),bpac  (22-06-2016),Frankenmum  (22-06-2016),Gentoo  (22-06-2016),gingermillie  (22-06-2016),HeavenBlue  (24-06-2016),LoveLivesHere  (22-06-2016),michellek  (23-06-2016),Olive Oil  (22-06-2016),Once Upon a Time  (24-06-2016),rosey82  (22-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (22-06-2016),Stretched  (22-06-2016),sunnygirl79  (22-06-2016),TableDancer  (24-06-2016),TheGooch  (23-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016),twinklify  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where in God's name did this bit of absolute rubbish come from, and who is Dr Mercola? If it's a paper, which journal? If it's an editorial, which peer-reviewed journal? If you found it on a Google-search, I'm not interested.

Nutrition is a complex subject, and there is more at play than the mere ingestion of the OCP.

How the liver metabolises drugs is actually a subject of pharmacology which is studied extensively, and there is a wealth of knowledge about how the liver does this. Which enzymes, coenzymes and other factors involved, is actually well understood. If you look up a drug such as the ingredients of the OCP, in a pharmacology text, you will be able to find these hepatic (liver) enzymatic pathways in detail. In addition to the % of the drug which is excreted by hepatic deactivation, and the % excreted unchanged by the kidney.

The use of synthetic hormones in areas of medicine such as IVF has also been studied extensively, and IVF has been around long enough now for there to be plenty of longitudinal data available.

Google told me he is an ostepathic physician.

Who apparently is extremely knowledgeable in gyno, pharmacy and various other things (the internet's Dr Oz). He has his own website!

Re: the OP - no idea but I'd see a gyno for more info

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (22-06-2016),sunnygirl79  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally unrelated to the OP but posts like this are why I have such a BH fan girl crush on you 🙊

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-06-2016),binnielici  (24-06-2016),Bond Girl  (22-06-2016),HeavenBlue  (24-06-2016),LoveLivesHere  (22-06-2016),Mokeybear  (26-06-2016),Mrs Snowman  (22-06-2016),Ngaiz  (22-06-2016),Once Upon a Time  (24-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (22-06-2016),Stretched  (22-06-2016),TheGooch  (23-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016),twinklify  (22-06-2016),Wise Enough  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Anyway, I only had my baby 5 months ago. I think I'll make an appointment with a gyno to work out what is going on with me. It's freaken horrendous. I wonder if having 4 years of IVF treatment and 2 babies has anything to do with it.