+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Adults with Autism?

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has gone through a diagnosis as an adult for themselves or their partner/relative.

If you have a partner with Autism or you have Autism yourself.

I wanted to say hello We are currently going through the process of being assessed (my partner @ age 33 )

It's scary to think this could have been picked up earlier and we wouldn't be at breaking point so much. But i guess these things can't always be helped!

Look forward to talking to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Adults with Autism?

My husband and I have discussed the possibility of it. With regard to myself. It was also brought up independently by a mental health nurse I had been talking to.
    I have a son with autism but there are also very noticeable instances of it (undiagnosed and diagnosed) throughout my family.
    I have similar traits but it could also be learned behaviour I suppose, from growing up in my family.

I don't know. I am hesitant to go through the assessment process, namely because I don't like to ask questions I don't know the answer to. So I would only go through this if I was absolutely sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is a mumma here I don't know her screen name here 😳 she has three kids someone please help lol. I follow her on Instagram as well. Good luck I think she found out while her kids were getting diagnosed xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I believe from memory @Zombie_eyes went through this process, however I haven't seen her around on the forum for quite some time (which is a shame, she's definitely missed around here).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She seems be ok I follow her Insta