+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Like @giveitago we decided to tell the people we would tell anyway if it all went wrong. For us that was immediate family and one or two close friends. They knew from 5 weeks.
    My bosses at work also knew then. We'd been doing IVF and they knew where we were up to with that and that we had had our embryo transfer, so it felt a bit weird not to tell them the result. The rest of our family and friends we told after our Harmony test was clear and we'd had our NT scan at 12.5 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe discuss sharing it with someone like your best friend? If you need some support then let him know you just need to talk to someone - he will probably be fine with the compromise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We told family and close friends with DD, within a week or so of finding out.

With preg 2, I told a few close friends, our family and siblings straightaway, unfortunately this ended in a MMC. A few people at work, I told when things started looking like there were issues.

With this preg, I chose to tell the same people I told last time (I wanted the same support network I had before, in case things went wrong). DH didn't want to tell people, so he only told his parents at 9w after our first scan.

For me, I couldn't not tell people, coz I wanted to be able to talk about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thinking about it, I told quite a few people before 12 weeks. We did IVF too and a lot of people knew about it though. I told my parents and sister right away, and SIL as well. I also told a couple of close friends at work straight away, and my boss at 8 weeks. And my two best friends at 8 weeks as well, though they were already a bit suss as we'd been at a wedding two weeks before that and I didn't drink or eat any antipasto - and didn't hide that I was doing that (was expecting them to ask me at the wedding haha!). DHs aunts also got told about 10 weeks and three or four other friends got told before 12 weeks as well. We didn't announce publicly until after our scan at 13 weeks though. Just adding it all up in my head I think nearly 20 people knew before 12 weeks...apparently I'm an awful secret keeper!

I don't think I could've not told anyone at all though - and everyone I told would have been people I would have confided in had I had a miscarriage too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad to have found this thread! I thought I was good at keeping secrets but I'm currently 8 weeks 6 days with our first bubba and couldn't hold in the horrible morning sickness much longer so we have told our parents and siblings plus about 3 friends. That's all I want to tell until we do our harmony test in another week or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We waited 14 weeks with #1, 20 weeks with #2 and I think maybe 25ish weeks with #3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I share with a few close people early (hubby, BFF, sister and mum) and then leave everyone else till 12-15 weeks