My name is Stefanie Sedran and I am currently in my second year of the Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery at La Trobe. I am seeking women who are currently expecting, whether you are in early or mid-late pregnancy. I am based in the Banyule area (North-Eastern Melbourne), however am willing and able to travel to other areas.

As a requirement of our midwifery training we are asked to follow 10 women throughout their pregnancy in order to improve knowledge on midwifery care and also view midwifery care from the perspective of the expecting woman.

For each woman we are required to attend at least 4 antenatal appointments and 2 postnatal appointments. We are encouraged to also attend the woman’s birth, however, this depends on whether or not she wishes to have us there.

By choosing to be a part of this program you are not only helping to provide a future midwife with experience in midwifery care, you will also have a friendly face at your appointments and additional support during your pregnancy and birth. I will be able to answer questions you may have between appointments, and will also advocate for you throughout your pregnancy, labour and birth.

If you have any further questions about the program, or are interested in being one of my follow-through women, please do not hesitate to contact me at18514573@students.latrobe.edu.au and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Thank you for reading,
Stefanie