+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Seriously how do you cope? I am vegetarian so I cook most of our dinners. DH would and does eat ANYTHING so I figure if I'm going to be. PITA then I have to cook. DH is a very good cook tho thank god so does a few dinners every week.
    I am soooooo grateful for the vegetarian alternatives on the market these days. I can usually adjust what I cook for the rest of the family by using something like Quorn or fish in place of the meat.
    I guess I'm used to it now, he's been that way for 18 years.

Someone asked if his family are the same; nope. They all eat normally. I honestly believe it is a genuine food aversion condition (he cannot handle texture) and should have been treated when he was a kid, but his mum didn't know any better and he was literally forced to eat whatever she cooked which just drove him further away from food. He tells me he would drown everything in tomato sauce growing up, it was the only way he could eat it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (22-06-2016),Sonja  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH is amazing when it comes to food. Theres only a handful of things he wont eat...pumpkin/sweet potato (good cos I don't like that either), tofu, offal or sultanas/raisins/currents.

I'm a chef and sometimes get very creative with my meals and he pretty much gives anything a go. The hardest thing is making enough to fill him up. He is extremely active and has a very fast metabolism so eats HEAPS and doesn't gain weight(******* hehe).

I was always going to marry someone who was a good eater. I grew up with my brother who eats LITERALLY...meat, tasty cheese, peas, carrots, potatoes, corn, noodles and bread!!!! That's it...no rice, pasta, veges, even flavourings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How fussy is your partner with food?

Not fussy at all, i rekon he'd eat tree bark if it had salt and butter on it. He would and does eat anything.

He's a foodie and a really good cook so likes to create yummy meals and desserts. I'm vego too and he's fond of meat but it still seems to work just fine with us, always has. He's always cooking up new vego stuff that's great. We make almost everything from scratch and eat a lot of fresh veg every week, Im lucky he's into cooking, when he gets the time.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 21-06-2016 at 21:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH used to eat everything but he is finally deciding that having opinions about food is ok. It has taken 7 years but he will now leave something on his plate if he doesn't like it. He grew up with having to eat everything on his plate and hasn't been able to ditch it.
    I was telling mil the other day that he doesn't like roast pork. She tried to tell me it was because I bought a bad one and he always ate it when he was at home. Then proceeded to tell me it's because she didn't give them a choice.

I don't want to be that mother that forces her kids to eat everything. I want them to have opinions that are valued.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (22-06-2016),LaDiDah  (21-06-2016),~Marigold~  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How fussy is your partner with food?

My DP will basically eat anything I cook, but his preference is for meat based meals. I love to cook yummy food so it's great having someone who appreciates my cooking. My exH drove me nuts because he didn't eat beef, pork or bacon. I found that a bit limiting because I do like to make things like lasagne, spaghetti bolognese etc.

The only thing with DP is that he doesn't really like vegan meals, for example stuff with ingredients like chickpeas, couscous, tofu or meatless dishes.

We met on RSVP and he immediately canned any women who specified that they were vegetarian. Didn't matter how attractive they were, he wouldn't have touched them with a ten foot pole. As much as he will eat anything I cook, he definitely couldn't be with a vegetarian!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP is easily pleased when it comes to food. I use him as the guinea pig for new recipes too. He cooks sometimes, his specialty is bolognese so lucky he likes what I cook or he would go hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    My family is polish and soup is entree and not a meal! Could he have had a similar experience growing up?

I consider it a meal though!
    He's just a pig he claims he's hungry within 5 minutes if he has soup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    He's just a pig he claims he's hungry within 5 minutes if he has soup
    Yeah, soup is definitely not a meal for my DP either! I can easily be satisfied with soup and toast, but DP would be asking where the main meal was straight away if I served him soup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im making a zuchinni and bacon frittata / quiche type thing for dinner. I asked DH what should we have with it (as in salad or veggies) and he said chicken breast .
    We are both very much if it doesnt have meat it isnt a main meal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling very fortunate here! DH is more than happy to have soup for dinner - including vegetable only soups - in fact that's what's on the menu tonight lol. He's also fine if he comes home, I'm trashed and its scrambled eggs on toast for dinner! On the flip side he doesn't cook - ever.