+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Marigold no vegetables?

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Soooo fussy!!! He eats meat. His vegie intake is mostly potatoes, occasionally carrots and peas. He eats most fruits. And most carbs. Hates most sauces, especially anything creamy.
    He's a pain in my butt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh isn't really fussy and will usually eat whatever is served, unless it has mushrooms or olives in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine will eat anything and is always appreciative no matter what it is! he did go to boarding school though so maybe that's it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sympathise Marigold! It's so frustrating! I do like that your DH eats fish lol DF hates it! Just a little variety would be lovely!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-06-2016),~Marigold~  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Extremely, extremely fussy.

To save myself a few hours listing the food he won't eat (EVERYTHING!) here's what he will eat...

Plain white fish. Filleted, such as basic flake etc. Grilled, as he doesn't like greasy batter.
    Tuna.
    Potatoes. But not mashed.
    Pasta, eg ricotta and spinach filled cannelloni (minimal spinach or he won't eat it), Mac n cheese, gnocchi with a mild pesto/cream sauce.
    If the pasta sauce is tomato based, it must be completely smooth/pureed.
    Plain cheese pizza
    Corn
    Toast with Vegemite and real butter

No meat. I use the alternatives like "fake" schnitzel/burgers/sausages.
    Rice (plain white).
    No fruit. Oh wait, he'll very occasionally eat an apple, peeled and washed.
    Cereal.
    Chocolate.

That is all. Pain in the a$s!
    Seriously how do you cope? I am vegetarian so I cook most of our dinners. DH would and does eat ANYTHING so I figure if I'm going to be. PITA then I have to cook. DH is a very good cook tho thank god so does a few dinners every week.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Aside from seadood (which isn't fussiness anyway as she is allergic) DP eats everything. I'd go spare if she was fussy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is pretty good, he doesn't like mushroom or celery but is still happy for me to cook with them and he just puts the bits he doesn't like to the side. He isn't adventurous foodwise but is happy to try new things that I cook at least once. He very quickly learnt when we moved in together that if he doesn't want to learn to cook well like I can (he hates cooking with a passion and I love it), there is to be zero complaining. I'm happy for feedback or for him to voice his preferences but no whinging that he just doesn't like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP is vegetarian and type 1 diabetic
    So I'm careful with what I cook. Having said that though he does Hoover down anything I cook and will be happy to try new recipes I find.
    I still eat meat but a lot less to save me from cooking so many different things and saves on all of the dishes
    He always thanks me for cooking too. Which makes it that much more pleasing, when you're appreciated ❤️

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    @Marigold no vegetables?
    No. Only corn. It's absolutely terrible. And spinach if it's well hidden in ravioli or similar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast