+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How fussy is your partner with food?

I've just been getting meat out of the freezer for our dinner tonight, and was thinking to myself how lucky I am that my husband is so easy to please food-wise.

I tend to pick out whatever I feel like and no matter what it is, he will generally hoover it up like he hasn't eaten in weeks!

We have one meal a week which barely counts as cooking - something like scrambled eggs on toast, or soup with toast, but otherwise we have a proper home-cooked meal each night.

We vary in what we eat - meat and 3 veg is his favourite, but he likes lasagne, roasts, curries, pasta and rice dishes. There really isn't much he'll turn his nose up to!

So I'm interested...Is there anything your partner won't eat/doesn't like? Am I the only one with an easy-to-please husband?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner's fussier than me, but mainly because he was raised vegan. He won't eat beef, cheese or eggplant. Most other foods he either really enjoys, or will eat without complaint (at the time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He eats pretty much anything. I can't think of a food he doesn't like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH will pretty much eat anything but he doesn't hold back if he doesn't like something! The only thing I know he hates is goat cheese. Which is a shame I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is very good as well. I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian so he will happily go meatless 3-4 nights a week so I don't have to make separate meals. The only thing I can think of that he doesn't like are sausages - otherwise he will give just about anything a try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband isn't fussy but can be a bit of a food snob. Probably not surprising given he's a chef. He isn't always excited by my simpler meals but he doesn't complain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby is pretty good but won't eat steak, roast lamb/pork. He will eat mince. On the nights when i want something he doesnt like he will usually cook his own dinner or let me know what he wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DH is not too fussy.

He does like dinner to be a proper dinner though - he doesn't consider things like toasties/soup to be proper meals . Thankfully he is able to cook a few decent meals, so it's not entirely up to me to provide the full cooking experience every night!

One thing he despises (with a passion) is canned tuna, so there's never any tuna-related meals in the house. He also won't drink dairy milk. He's generally not keen on Aldi products, though some of the snack type products he has liked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is super easy to please, eats everything, never complains, always thanks me for his meal, even if its not particularly to his taste. He also cooks 1-3 times a week.

After hearing some people's experiences I feel lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF must be the most fussy eater on earth. I'm jealous ladies!! DF won't eat vegetables (he has started eating a very small amount!) fruit, lamb, fish, a lot of different meals that have certain sauces, he will rarely try something new, won't eat eggs (like scrambled, fried etc) he barely eats anything. It gets so frustrating. For example.. Made honey mustard chicken and rice the other night, he didn't eat dinner because he doesn't like that apparently. This morning we went out for breakfast.. He ordered bacon egg roll with hash brown etc, takes the egg off and expects me to eat it.
    It's rubbing off on DS

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (22-06-2016),Sally1981  (22-06-2016)