+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We leave home before 7 each day. The beds have to be made, and the house tidy ie breakfast packed away, dinner out of freezer and into the fridge so when we get home it looks okay. When i was on mat leave, i tried to pretend i was at work so got up, showered, dressed, breaky etc, all house work and washing etc done before i did school drop off, so i could come home 5 mins later to a clean house with everything done lol. It made for a busy time between 6am and 8am but otherwise i would just stuff around and avoid it all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a little obsessive😳 kitchen must be clean every morning & every night, floors must be at least swept every day. I can't handle anyone's overflowing washing basket and have to put the washing away as soon as its dry. The only thing I have learnt to let go of is the kids playroom. I use to tidy it every night but now only do it every few days.

I'm forever tidying something up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to have a clean kitchen at night, I can't stand getting up to dishes and a dirty kitchen. I tidy, do washing, bathrooms etc at night once DS is in bed and DH can help out. Right now my lounge is a disaster, DS has thrown toys everywhere this afternoon.

Ladies that do housework before work what time are you getting up!? I'm out of the house by 7.15 4 days a week. I'm up at 6 and it takes me all that time to get everyone up and dressed and ready for the day and DS is normally hanging off me that whole time or destroying my bathroom cupboard. If I'm lucky the beds will get made lol. I'm very impressed anyone is vacuuming at 6am !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I'm not, near enough is always good enough. That said we (almost) always have the dishwasher running/kitchen cleaned before bed, the beds made daily, the floors vacuumed as needed (maybe every 2-3 days), and the laundry is "on top of". But I have plenty of mess around the place, the kid's art stuffs, toys around the lounge, baskets of laundry waiting to be folded and just lots of "works in progress". I am comfortable in a home that to me, looks well lived in and loved, and I wouldn't be comfortable at all in a show home type place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i vacuum in the morning its usually for 20 seconds with the dyson stick in the kitchen, thats about it. We are up at 545 usually. The kids a little later, but not much. Lucky we are morning people. I'm in bed by 830 or 9 though as i am tired from work...washing ( usually clean washing) piles up thru the week and dh and i fold and put away first thing sat morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to keep the kitchen clean.. no clutter on the bench... every morning before I leave the house even if it's early I need to dust, clean the mirrored robes, clean the bathroom and toilet..vacuum, mop, peg out the washing that was put on after the kids get dressed and the kids have to have their beds made.. I also need to iron everyday.
    Last edited by emmiejayne; 21-06-2016 at 17:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not at all. I hate housework with a passion. We keep the place tidy but we have a cleaner come once a fortnight. In between that time we will stack the dishwasher each night, wash clothes and that's about it. We have 2 dogs inside (one inside all day) so we have a robotic vacuum cleaner that does the floors every second day. That's it. I'd rather read a book in my spare time! My mum is an obsessive cleaner - I don't think I got the gene LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on my mood, how I'm feeling.
    I make my bed when I wake up (though I'm not anal about it, I just put the blankets on and fix the pillows, takes about a minute lol)..
    Then I collect washing and put that on (though some days it sits in the machine all day lol)
    I do dishes everyday.
    I make the kids beds (some days they do).
    I vaccum every day sometimes several times..
    Wipe down benches, cupboards and bathrooms when needed..

I have one day a month or two when I'll clean everything out. We just had a hard rubbish collection this week so the kids and I sorted their toys out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not in the slightest. You can be guaranteed a messy house on a visit. But when I can't get on top of it (I.e I miss my scheduled window for bathrooms or floors etc) it stresses me out. I vacuum regularly, wash floors twice a week, clean bathrooms once a week, dust occasionally, beds made on weekends only, wash/dry/put away daily & tidy constantly & still can't keep on top of it! 😫

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I' not obsessive, but I do like the kitchen clean every night after dinner, every morning after breaky. I also like the beds made. Larger cleaning jobs like floors and bathrooms happen once a week (or even less atm with a young bub). I am pretty anal on putting things away I hate having toys or books scattered all over the place.

I am far more relaxed than before I had kids, there's just no time to be ocd it causes more stress than it's worth. DH still struggles a bit though. Ou house is always really clean and tidy though, that might change once DS2 is walking etc.