+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default House cleaning - are you obsessive about it?

Yesterday my older 2 were home from school due to sniffles etc. They were happily running about the house so they obviously weren't feeling too bad. So I got them to do something productive - they emptied their desk and bedside drawers and threw out the myriad papers and other little bits they keep but never use. We ended up with 4 garbage bags full of crud and freshly cleaned out and wiped down drawers (for them to restock - grr). We also cleaned out the toy shelves. I feel awesome right now!

I must vacuum every morning before we leave for school. All breakfast dishes must be washed and put away and one load of washing must be on for me to put out when I get home from drop offs. All beds and rooms must be tidy and all curtains opened. The bathroom must be free of toothpaste streaks and all towels and pjs placed in the laundry for the second wash.

I absolutely cannot handle leaving the house when it's messy.

What do you obsess about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Kitchen must be clean before we go to bed - no dishes left in sink, benches wiped etc.

Apart from that, I'm not overly particular about anything. Our house is generally clean and tidy, but not what I'd call spotless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Kitchen must be clean before we go to bed - no dishes left in sink, benches wiped etc.

Apart from that, I'm not overly particular about anything. Our house is generally clean and tidy, but not what I'd call spotless.
    I try to be diligent with dinner dishes etc, and I vacuum after dinner as well. DH and I tend to eat other crud after dinner so there's always a coffee cup or ice cream bowl in the sink ready for washing in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can be obsessive about the house so have to watch myself - as I mean obsessive in a not very healthy way 😏

That said there are three things I can not tolerate - dirty floors, kitchen or bathrooms. As long as these three areas are clean I can usually keep my stress levels in check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I can be obsessive about the house so have to watch myself - as I mean obsessive in a not very healthy way 😏

That said there are three things I can not tolerate - dirty floors, kitchen or bathrooms. As long as these three areas are clean I can usually keep my stress levels in check.
    I hear you about floors. Which is why my vacuum cleaner is never put away! Lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I am either one or the other. If I am obsessive then everything has to be perfect but I can sometimes get into stuff it mode and the house would look like ww3 for a week or two

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Tinkers  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    A bit, yes. It's the main source of my anxiety so I clean to reduce it. I would describe my house as Clean Lived In lol So it's quite clean, but not showroom. I find myself constantly cleaning with 3 kids, one that is walking and into everything and a rather messy husband

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I am either one or the other. If I am obsessive then everything has to be perfect but I can sometimes get into stuff it mode and the house would look like ww3 for a week or two
    Does that affect your stress levels?

My DH likes a clean home too, so on the weekends when I have my sleep in, he knows and does exactly what needs to be done. No way we are leaving the house on the weekend if the house is a mess. Everyone has to pitch in and do their part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    A bit, yes. It's the main source of my anxiety so I clean to reduce it. I would describe my house as Clean Lived In lol So it's quite clean, but not showroom. I find myself constantly cleaning with 3 kids, one that is walking and into everything and a rather messy husband
    Sucks your DH is messy! I think the reason for my obsessiveness is because I see how my Mil lives. Everything has a place and everything is absolutely bloody spotless!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

Jeanne  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am very particular about housework.

Before I get showered, dressed and have breakfast each day I wash up hubby's breakfast dishes, empty the bins, haul in wood for the fireplace, make the bed, feed the pets, give the bathroom a quick clean, clean the budgie cage and vaccuum the whole house. Only then, once all that is done, do I stop for breakfast.

After I've eaten I wash up again, shower and dress, and throw all the washing, including towels into the machine. Then put fresh towels out, hang up the washing when it's done and start work for the day - paid work, that is!

This is my routine day in day out and I tend to feel flustered if I don't do everything each morning. It borders on obsessive, lol, but on the positive side people can drop in any time after 11am and the house is clean