+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Disposable nappy through the wash

Yeargh! I just managed to put a disposable nappy through the wash. The result isn't pretty... (Think gel crystals all over everything.)

DS2 had an exorcist-style spew yesterday afternoon so I stripped us off, left our clothes in a pile on the floor and headed for the shower. When I came back to clean up I scooped up the whole pile and threw it into the sink to soak, totally forgetting that I hadn't yet fished out the nappy. And of course this morning, I threw the whole sodden mass into the washing machine with as little handling as possible.

On the plus side, I don't think it ripped open until the spin cycle, so most of the crystals were smeared over the side of the bowl. On the REALLY positive side, it was still a relatively clean and dry nappy. On the negative side, that still leaves plenty of crystals attached to our clothes!

The washing machine is rinsing without any clothes in it now, then I'll put the clothes through again and hope like crazy (fingers crossed!) that most of it comes off. I don't fancy spending hours picking off stupid crystals!

Oh well, live and learn!
    Last edited by Gentoo; 21-06-2016 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have done that so many times... add in tissues, pens, rubbers and money.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (21-06-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have done this is the past... What a disaster! Took FOREVER to clean up the aftermath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If the second wash doesn't help I find a spin through the dryer does - will collect it all in the lint catcher. Yes.....I have done this more than once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't recommend the dryer. I once did thst and the crystals dried onto the clothes and stayed there.. As if they had melted onto the fabric!! I tend to take everything outside and shake it out as much as I can when it's still wet, line dry, shake again and re wash.

Not like we don't have enough washing as parents! Such a hassle. At least you'll make sure to check every load from now on.. Lol