+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anyone have a steam mop?

We have a large open plan house that in fully tiled apart from bedrooms and loungeroom. I hate the tiles but that's another story! Really looking for ways to cut our cleaning time as its a big house and the tiles are white and show up everything.

Does anyone have a steam mop, do you like it, what type, what to look for in a steam mop?

Thanks in advance 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend loaned me one - I used it once but found the whole cord thing a bit restrictive as we don't have a lot of power points. Swivel sweepers are my best friends for the carpet and lino...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a steam mop - a Monster - and I love it. It cleans my white tiles so well. I like that it doesn't leak water like I've heard some do. It is a bit painful to have to get it out for a quick job but for a whole house clean, it works very well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I honestly have no idea of the brand but DH bought our steam mop. It want super expensive. Like $80ish. We have white tiles. I hate them. But it cleans the floors so easily.
    Best way to clean the floors I think.
    I need to use an extension cord with mine. But that's not a big deal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a vax branded one and it does the job well for me. It has a deoderiser compartment too but since I ran out I've been too slack to buy more so just use steam. It's got a decent length cord too so for our tiled area, I only need to swap the power outlet once (or use the ext cord but it's just as easy to swap power points once)

If you do want one, test the weight of them. Our old one was so heavy to push around, it made it even more of a chore. The one I have now is so light to use in comparison

8. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Hoover Steam Mop, it's great. Especially now DS is starting to move and likes to lick the floor 🙈.
    I much prefer not to use chemicals, mine works much better than my Mums, hers is a big yellow one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I have a vax branded one and it does the job well for me. It has a deoderiser compartment too but since I ran out I've been too slack to buy more so just use steam. It's got a decent length cord too so for our tiled area, I only need to swap the power outlet once (or use the ext cord but it's just as easy to swap power points once)

If you do want one, test the weight of them. Our old one was so heavy to push around, it made it even more of a chore. The one I have now is so light to use in comparison
    I was looking at the vax ones as they're on special in HN and have good reviews. Thinking of the 'pet' model it's a bit more expensive than the regular model but has a longer cord and steam time is twice as long. Good to know you can just use steam I would be similar and forget/not be bothered with cleaning agent.

I think no matter what we would have to change power points a couple times due to the sheer size and shape of our house, but we have to do that vacuuming anyway. It has to beat walking around with a mop & bucket!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

michellek  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore my steam mop (basic brand from Masters). It's super easy to use, easily lifts the "baked on goodness" you get with kids and babies and doesn't leave the floor super wet. I also use it to "sanitise" the kids playmat (bubba mat) I figure super heated steam should kill anything nasty without chemicals.