The Bachelor 2016 - Cool Bananas! | Page 52 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The Bachelor 2016 - Cool Bananas!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    What's a rigger?
    Riggers normally work in construction or heavy industry. They hold a high risk workers ticket and normally work with ropes for lifting with cranes or steal erecting or high risk activities where erecting or shifting stuff is required. My hubby is a rigger in high voltage powerlines and supervises the wires being put on by helicopter and securing to the steel pylons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Riggers normally work in construction or heavy industry. They hold a high risk workers ticket and normally work with ropes for lifting with cranes or steal erecting or high risk activities where erecting or shifting stuff is required. My hubby is a rigger in high voltage powerlines and supervises the wires being put on by helicopter and securing to the steel pylons.
    That's a bit more fancy than just a rope access technician! And I have seen that helicopter power line stuff on tv omg it looks terrifying!
    My DH used to be a rope access technician - they work at heights where you can't get to with normal equipment so often abseil down large structures and do maintenance/inspections on concrete and steelwork on buildings, oil rigs, construction sites etc. It's often a qualification that's added on to a trade. DH loved it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone elsefeel it's not right that Alex could leave her 5 year old for 3 months for a reality tv show? 5 is so young it would have really unsettled that poor boys little world 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by button2012 View Post
    Does anyone elsefeel it's not right that Alex could leave her 5 year old for 3 months for a reality tv show? 5 is so young it would have really unsettled that poor boys little world
    I think the filming goes on for only 6 weeks... It's no different to what a kid in a FIFO would experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    They mentioned several times that filming was 3 months, so I don't think it's 6 weeks although they squeeze the season into 6 weeks..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's wrong necessarily.. I depends a lot on what the child is used to, I mean obviously he still has his dad around, and he would be in school most of the time anyway and have grandparents there.. And used to his mum working full time. There are some children who have parents who work in defence and don't see their parent for months at a time.

Anyway, I don't think Alex would have done anything without considering what was best for her child. Personally I couldn't be away from my kids for more than one night. Each to their own.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

almai  (18-09-2016),rainbow road  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ah it's definitely 12 weeks.
    Sure you can see it in the girls, they all put on a bit of weight in the house, funny that the bachies never do though.
    I wonder what the set up is, you'd hope the girls have a gym but I've heard they do all sorts of things to provoke , like starve them, ply the drink in, keep filming in to the late hours, all to keep emotions high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Ah it's definitely 12 weeks.
    Sure you can see it in the girls, they all put on a bit of weight in the house, funny that the bachies never do though.
    I wonder what the set up is, you'd hope the girls have a gym but I've heard they do all sorts of things to provoke , like starve them, ply the drink in, keep filming in to the late hours, all to keep emotions high.
    Ugh! That's awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a show called unReal and it's based on a 'bachelor' type show and what happens behind the scenes with the producers etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    There's a show called unReal and it's based on a 'bachelor' type show and what happens behind the scenes with the producers etc.
    On free to air, fox or Netflix?