+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Sounds like you LOVE to HATE watching.

How could you not feel sorry for Nikki though? It's a pretty standard human trait to feel compassion and empathy for those we see in pain.

Were you you just in a bad mood last night?
    I'm a bit of a hard ****, I wasn't in a bad mood, she put herself in that situation, she has watched the show before. She knows that unless you're the 1 in 25 winner that what ever he tells you are likely lies as he MUST lead women on. So she put herself in the situation where she knew what could happen but did it anyway.

So yes I can feel empathy and compassion for the sad, a friend or family (no matter whether it was a result of their own actions or not) yes, a homeless person, yes, a victim of crime yes! But a person who goes on national TV to find love knowing this could have happened, no sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Christ!
    We're not all dumb, we know the score and don't need it spelled out for us.

This is what happens when Australia takes an American show and makes a carbon copy for a vastly different audience.
    They would have done much better to tailor it to the Aussie psyche.
    Australiains aren't as cut throat and into one upmanship as the Americans.

I would do away with home town visits, go from final three to one and then do the 'meet the parents' after his decision was made.
    Thats just for the final weeks, the all along they should really look over how they make the girls compete too.

Anyway, obviously after three seasons there's something in it people like, between the contestants and viewers. It just needs a more personal Aussie touch and it could be great.
    I know we in BH aren't dumb (BTW both my posts weren't aimed at people on here - it was all the social media where people were ragey about it, I'm thinking come on! Really!? It's the bachelor!)

Things like what I pulled out of that blog piece was highlighting why I feel so strongly about it. I actually cannot believe people (IRL) watch that show hoping to see a magical romance and a special relationship and awwww that's so beautiful!!! I just seriously don't get it. I thought we all loved to hate it!? No?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I read an article last night that said he hasn't met her son yet! Jesus, he's in for a big shock! I give this relationship 3 months tops.
    I can understand why she may not have introduced Richie to her son yet. In her situation, I would probably want to wait until the secret is out and we've been able to test it out in the real world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I can understand why she may not have introduced Richie to her son yet. In her situation, I would probably want to wait until the secret is out and we've been able to test it out in the real world.
    They said this morning they're still waiting another few weeks before introducing him.

How old is bachie? Isn't Alex only 24?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bachie is 31 I think!

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

almai  (16-09-2016),misho  (16-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    Gold!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm a bit of a hard ****, I wasn't in a bad mood, she put herself in that situation, she has watched the show before. She knows that unless you're the 1 in 25 winner that what ever he tells you are likely lies as he MUST lead women on. So she put herself in the situation where she knew what could happen but did it anyway.

So yes I can feel empathy and compassion for the sad, a friend or family (no matter whether it was a result of their own actions or not) yes, a homeless person, yes, a victim of crime yes! But a person who goes on national TV to find love knowing this could have happened, no sorry.

I know we in BH aren't dumb (BTW both my posts weren't aimed at people on here - it was all the social media where people were ragey about it, I'm thinking come on! Really!? It's the bachelor!)

Things like what I pulled out of that blog piece was highlighting why I feel so strongly about it. I actually cannot believe people (IRL) watch that show hoping to see a magical romance and a special relationship and awwww that's so beautiful!!! I just seriously don't get it. I thought we all loved to hate it!? No?
    I was hoping Nikki would win, but must admit I hope Alex isnt reading social media this morning! So much hate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I was hoping Nikki would win, but must admit I hope Alex isnt reading social media this morning! So much hate!!
    The hatred is horrible!
    People seem to forget that it's all clever editing to make us think one way or another, and that we have no idea what the relationships are like behind the scenes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even Sam Frost was having a go at Richie this morning for not picking Nikki, while she was interviewing the happy couple. That's just really rude.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Bachelor 2016 - Cool Bananas!

Nikki may have lost but the upside is she guy to look absolutely incredibly ahmaziiing in that red dress on national tv. One small win!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

almai  (16-09-2016)