+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I let my 3 month old cry to sleep.

Im absolutely exhausted. DH is overseas and this weekend was a complete battle with my 4 on my own. I'm trying so hard to implement rules that cater for the varying ages, but I'm finding I'm expecting a lot of my 9 year old. I need her help and she's still a child.

This evening I wore bub while I prepped dinner. He's usually awake again at 5pm so when he stirred, I naturally took him out and sat him on my lap while we ate. He'll go back to sleep at 6.30. So I do our usual bath feed bed and he's not asleep. I pat for a good hour and he'll sleep but wake the moment I stop. Fast forward an hour later he's completely wired and chatting to the evaporative cooling vent and ceiling fan. I figure he'll sleep but he cries so I offer boob again, burp, check his hip brace, nappy, clothing etc and he's all good. I pat while he's screaming for half an hour and I had enough so I left him. He screamed blue murder for 10 mins and I did not go to him. He fell asleep.

I feel absolutely dreadful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    Im absolutely exhausted. DH is overseas and this weekend was a complete battle with my 4 on my own. I'm trying so hard to implement rules that cater for the varying ages, but I'm finding I'm expecting a lot of my 9 year old. I need her help and she's still a child.

This evening I wore bub while I prepped dinner. He's usually awake again at 5pm so when he stirred, I naturally took him out and sat him on my lap while we ate. He'll go back to sleep at 6.30. So I do our usual bath feed bed and he's not asleep. I pat for a good hour and he'll sleep but wake the moment I stop. Fast forward an hour later he's completely wired and chatting to the evaporative cooling vent and ceiling fan. I figure he'll sleep but he cries so I offer boob again, burp, check his hip brace, nappy, clothing etc and he's all good. I pat while he's screaming for half an hour and I had enough so I left him. He screamed blue murder for 10 mins and I did not go to him. He fell asleep.

I feel absolutely dreadful.
    He is fine. He is loved and fed and clean and fine and asleep!
    HUGE hugs to you and be kind to yourself - you can't give anything as a mother if you've got nothing left to give.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

3bubbys  (19-06-2016),BettyV  (20-06-2016),BettyW  (19-06-2016),Gentoo  (20-06-2016),SookiLala  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    He is fine. He is loved and fed and clean and fine and asleep!
    HUGE hugs to you and be kind to yourself - you can't give anything as a mother if you've got nothing left to give.
    Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that.
    You probably don't remember me at all but I was so pleased to start seeing you post again. You are doing it SO HARD right now to have four of such varying ages with such a variation in their needs and you're ALONE!
    You're a wonderful, fallible, amazing mum. I hope you can get some rest tonight xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    You probably don't remember me at all but I was so pleased to start seeing you post again. You are doing it SO HARD right now to have four of such varying ages with such a variation in their needs and you're ALONE!
    You're a wonderful, fallible, amazing mum. I hope you can get some rest tonight xx
    I do remember you! I wasn't sure anyone remembered me. Lol.

Thank you for your kind words xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't be hard on yourself, you are doing an excellent job.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

SookiLala  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Don't be hard on yourself, you are doing an excellent job.
    Thank you so much. I guess I don't always have to be there to watch his eyes close. It's horrible how us mums have so much guilt