+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default FIL giving baby food

Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Gingermillie and elijahs mum when do you get time to do all this amazing cooking? My DD is a non sleeper and I just don't know when I would get the chance to bake. Do you do big batches and freeze?
    For me I was lucky enough to be a SAHM for the first four years and had tons of family around so I had plenty of time for cooking and meal planning , and yes I made big batches of falafel, crab cakes , pizza dough and slices and froze them in portions - now I'm back at work most of his lunchbox meals are fresh fruit, veggies and I just poach chicken or turkey for wraps or and make mini muffins or frittatas on Sunday's and freeze
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 21-06-2016 at 14:42.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

A&S  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find my time is taken up by kids I'm lazy but these days there is healthy frozen kids food 😁 #preach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    For me I was lucky enough to be a SAHM for the first four years and had tons of family around so I had plenty of time for cooking and meal planning , and yes I made big batches of falafel, crab cakes , pizza dough and slices and froze them in portions - now I'm back at work most of his lunchbox meals are fresh fruit, veggies and I just poach chicken or turkey for wraps or and make mini muffins or frittatas on Sunday's and freeze
    I didn't realise you could freeze felafel! Do you freeze them after cooking? How do you reheat??

Sorry to derail!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've done both - frozen raw then defrost and cook and frozen cooked and either eaten at room temp or very quick warm up in microwave or oven

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Gingermillie and elijahs mum when do you get time to do all this amazing cooking? My DD is a non sleeper and I just don't know when I would get the chance to bake. Do you do big batches and freeze?
    I generally do big batches of all those things I listed (except things like omelette, oats) and freeze in zip lock bags then each night I take out a variety of things for the next day. So today she had a mini spinach quiche, beef rissole and chia fruit muesli slice (all from the freezer) and yoghurt for lunch. My DD is almost 1 I do my baking either if she is asleep or when she's awake I can make something quick and entertain her in the kitchen at the same time.
    When my DD was younger she was a day catnapper so I just did what I could or did a big batch at night or on the weekend.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A&S  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I batch cooked when all 3 of mine were just starting solids. I'd cook a heap of meals one day a week, then portion them all out. But mine were on purees/baby food long. DS2 particularly wanted finger food from very early on so he just ate what we did.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

A&S  (21-06-2016)