+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Elijahs Mum I would love some vegetarian ideas. We eat fish so DD will too. Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Brekky:
    Egg pancakes - the best BLW breakfast and easy snack as you can add to the eggs whatever you have on hand but it's literally just 1 or 2 eggs beaten and add chopped herbs and veggies, fry in mini frypan, flip and cut into thick slices so it's easy to hold - I usually added chopped tomato, herbs ( usually parsley or coriander) feta and chia seeds

Toast - wholemeal with avocado or nut butters ( almond and macadamia are favs) or even smear poached or scrambled egg on them or cottage cheese or ricotta

Quinoa porridge - literally puffed quinoa ( from health food shop) mixed with formula and mashed pear or banana - you make it thick and stodgy and load a spoon and let him feed himself ( it is the messiest !)

Snacks :
    BLW is so easy for snacks - fruit! Take a banana, mandarin , grapes, strawberries and the best is a whole apple ( at about 1 when they at least have 4 teeth) they gnaw off tiny pieces and it keeps them busy for at least 1/2 hour!! Rice cakes are also great as they gum them and they melt in their mouths ( i often took an avo , plastic knife and rice cakes everywhere we went for quick easy, healthy snack on the run that needs no refrigeration!)

Lunch or dinner ideas:
    Mini falafels
    Veggie nuggets
    Salmon rice balls
    Mini Veggie pizza
    Pasta with ricotta and smashed peas
    Spinach and cheese gnocchi
    Zucchini slice
    Any veggies frittata or quiche
    Crab cakes ( crab is very high in b12)
    Salmon cakes
    Crumbed fish fingers ( flat head tails crumbed with either bread or quinoa crumbs and chia seeds)
    Steamed or grilled salmon - just flake it and put it on his tray with some steamed veggies

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

A&S  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Brekky:
    Egg pancakes - the best BLW breakfast and easy snack as you can add to the eggs whatever you have on hand but it's literally just 1 or 2 eggs beaten and add chopped herbs and veggies, fry in mini frypan, flip and cut into thick slices so it's easy to hold - I usually added chopped tomato, herbs ( usually parsley or coriander) feta and chia seeds

Toast - wholemeal with avocado or nut butters ( almond and macadamia are favs) or even smear poached or scrambled egg on them or cottage cheese or ricotta

Quinoa porridge - literally puffed quinoa ( from health food shop) mixed with formula and mashed pear or banana - you make it thick and stodgy and load a spoon and let him feed himself ( it is the messiest !)

Snacks :
    BLW is so easy for snacks - fruit! Take a banana, mandarin , grapes, strawberries and the best is a whole apple ( at about 1 when they at least have 4 teeth) they gnaw off tiny pieces and it keeps them busy for at least 1/2 hour!! Rice cakes are also great as they gum them and they melt in their mouths ( i often took an avo , plastic knife and rice cakes everywhere we went for quick easy, healthy snack on the run that needs no refrigeration!)

Lunch or dinner ideas:
    Mini falafels
    Veggie nuggets
    Salmon rice balls
    Mini Veggie pizza
    Pasta with ricotta and smashed peas
    Spinach and cheese gnocchi
    Zucchini slice
    Any veggies frittata or quiche
    Crab cakes ( crab is very high in b12)
    Salmon cakes
    Crumbed fish fingers ( flat head tails crumbed with either bread or quinoa crumbs and chia seeds)
    Steamed or grilled salmon - just flake it and put it on his tray with some steamed veggies
    Thank you so much. That stuff sounds amazing. I've just found a baby led weaning cookbook when I was searching for the one you suggested. I'll have to get them both I can't wait until she's eating. I'm so excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    @Elijahs Mum I would love some vegetarian ideas. We eat fish so DD will too. Thanks so much
    Just weighing in as my DD is 11 months old mainly BLW and mainly Vego. Favourites are:
    Omelettes
    Veggie slice (zucchini slice on steroids lol)
    Cheese, zucchini and corn mini muffins
    Mini spinach quiches
    Veggie pasties
    Blueberry and yoghurt pikelets
    Fruit and chia muesli bars
    Apple and prune biscuits
    Mini veggie pizzas
    Cheese and veg ravioli
    Broccoli fritters (or broccoli and cauliflower)
    Crumpets, croissants, fruit toast
    Wholemeal sandwich with cottage cheese, ricotta cheese
    Grated cheese
    Overnight oats

Plus giving her bits of whatever I'm eating

I use my lovely little lunchbox, one handed cooks and wholesome baby food for recipes.

Fun times and lots of mess ahead

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A&S  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They def should have ok'd it with you first.
    Tell them that at this age things like dips etc will upset your LO's tummy and create loads of problems.

Just remember. You are the parents and they need to respect that!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticme For This Useful Post:

A&S  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gingermillie and elijahs mum when do you get time to do all this amazing cooking? My DD is a non sleeper and I just don't know when I would get the chance to bake. Do you do big batches and freeze?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wasn't saying the food thing wasn't important. I hope you didn't think I meant that.

I just think that texts can escalate etc just like social media. At least in person you can say what you want and make it plain and clear. You need to stop talking through your husband too. Especially if your baby could potentially have allergies. Remember your living with these people forever. Birthdays etc. just be polite and say 'we don't want to feed them this' and if they say that's ridiculous I wouldn't Let them have unsupervised visits but I'm OTT with food. As my inlaws are the same as they don't listen with DD/ds milk intolerance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This would annoy me too. My SIL gave DD1 part of a doughnut when she was six months old!! I told her how annoyed I was when I found out and she laughed at me and told me I was over reacting. She also gave her coke when she was older - and made a joke about not telling me because "mummy overreacts and only lets you eat boring food".
    And she wonders why I don't let her look after the girls anymore ha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

A&S  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I wasn't saying the food thing wasn't important. I hope you didn't think I meant that.

I just think that texts can escalate etc just like social media. At least in person you can say what you want and make it plain and clear. You need to stop talking through your husband too. Especially if your baby could potentially have allergies. Remember your living with these people forever. Birthdays etc. just be polite and say 'we don't want to feed them this' and if they say that's ridiculous I wouldn't Let them have unsupervised visits but I'm OTT with food. As my inlaws are the same as they don't listen with DD/ds milk intolerance
    Not at all. You're definitely right about the text. MIL is all bent out of shape now and we are not off to a good start with the food conversation. Next time we see them though DP is going to sit down and have a proper conversation about what we plan for DD and what we expect from them. Hopefully they take it on board even if they do get upset about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    This would annoy me too. My SIL gave DD1 part of a doughnut when she was six months old!! I told her how annoyed I was when I found out and she laughed at me and told me I was over reacting. She also gave her coke when she was older - and made a joke about not telling me because "mummy overreacts and only lets you eat boring food".
    And she wonders why I don't let her look after the girls anymore ha
    Oh I hate it when people put you down in front of your kids. That's so out of line. Good on you for standing your ground and not letting her sit alone.