+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 139 of 139
  1. #131
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    There are plenty of parents on BH that take their kids out to late night functions, it's part of a family/cultural thing. Babysitters aren't always easy to come by...
    To a restaurant 6 nights in a row? I haven't ever read that...family events, yes...6 nights in a row, no. At a non child friendly event every night, no. It's a shame the member who I am thinking of who is out frequently at social gatherings isn't around to weigh in. Given how much of a social butterfly she is I'm going to hazard a guess she would not take ipads for her kids to be on. But I am only guessing, of course.
    Besides, I was saying what I would do in that situation, not what everyone should do. I was pointing out that no one expects kids to be sitting well behaved in a non kid friendly restaurant six nights a row.
    I could be wrong, but your posts come across like you are trying to make me say it's okay for people to give their kids devices...but I've never said it's not okay. I've said it's something we chose not to do, because we decided very early on that it wasn't something we would do. Why is it bothering you so much?
    Last edited by Full House; 23-06-2016 at 20:20.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,378
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked
    1,775
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    To a restaurant 6 nights in a row? I haven't ever read that...family events, yes...6 nights in a row, no. At a non child friendly event every night, no. It's a shame the member who I am thinking of who is out frequently at social gatherings isn't around to weigh in. Given how much of a social butterfly she is I'm going to hazard a guess she would not take ipads for her kids to be on. But I am only guessing, of course.
    Besides, I was saying what I would do in that situation, not what everyone should do. I was pointing out that no one expects kids to be sitting well behaved in a non kid friendly restaurant six nights a row.
    I could be wrong, but your posts come across like you are trying to make me say it's okay for people to give their kids devices...but I've never said it's not okay. I've said it's something we chose not to do, because we decided very early on that it wasn't something we would do. Why is it bothering you so much?
    Yep, 6 nights in a row to various functions at restaurants in the week before xmas. Mostly extended family, some for work. Late nigts all week & grumpy kids. We are 100% expected to be there,with the kids. So we bring the Ipads. I'm OK with that I see not bringing kids is an option for some people. It isn't for us,but is for others. Whatever works,I say.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Yep, 6 nights in a row to various functions at restaurants in the week before xmas. Mostly extended family, some for work. Late nigts all week & grumpy kids. We are 100% expected to be there,with the kids. So we bring the Ipads. I'm OK with that I see not bringing kids is an option for some people. It isn't for us,but is for others. Whatever works,I say.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I believe you that you had 6 nights out in a row close to Christmas. What I don't believe is that is that this situation is normal for 'plenty of bh members due to cultural reasons.' I don't believe that there is any culture that expects kids to sit and socialise at non-kid friendly events 6 nights in a row. Christmas time can get crazy with social events. I can see how you can get booked up 6 nights in a row. But I imagine Christmas time is the only time this happens for you (you don't have to answer, btw).
    When I replied to you, it was simply to point out that those not using ipads when out aren't expecting their kids to sit in a restaurant and behave until 10pm 6 nights in a row. You did what worked for you, which is great

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Yep, 6 nights in a row to various functions at restaurants in the week before xmas. Mostly extended family, some for work. Late nigts all week & grumpy kids. We are 100% expected to be there,with the kids. So we bring the Ipads. I'm OK with that I see not bringing kids is an option for some people. It isn't for us,but is for others. Whatever works,I say.
    You've just lost your mother of the year award

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    cheeeeesecake  (23-06-2016)

  6. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked
    661
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    The term outcast is pretty severe. I wouldn't want to encourage a perception within yourself of your child being an 'outcast' if your child was the only one not with a device. I dont like that line of thinking tbh. And, no, my kids are still not getting an ipad lol. No matter how much they think they want one.
    I said it would make them 'feel' like an outcast, not actually be one!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

    littleriv  (24-06-2016)

  8. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I could be wrong, but your posts come across like you are trying to make me say it's okay for people to give their kids devices...but I've never said it's not okay. I've said it's something we chose not to do, because we decided very early on that it wasn't something we would do. Why is it bothering you so much?
    What bothers me - for someone who has 'never said it's not ok' you are talking (via your screen) a lot about how your own low-screen way is tops... While interrogating others stories on why they do chose to use Screens for their kids.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    babybeeno1  (23-06-2016)

  10. #137
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What bothers me - for someone who has 'never said it's not ok' you are talking (via your screen) a lot about how your own low-screen way is tops... While interrogating others stories on why they do chose to use Screens for their kids.
    No I'm not.

    And VP...who's the one interrogating? You've posted in this thread 21 times. Other people said no screen time when out for them and you didn't feel the need to take it further, but you have felt the need to quote me 5 times and ask me questions/call me out on things, even when I wasn't responding to you. Most of my posts in here are in response to you quoting me. I have tried to write my responses in a non-judgemental way. I'm sorry if I haven't portrayed that well...most likely because I was on my phone and I try to keep my answers more to the point. If you don't want me to respond to you then STOP quoting me. Amazingly, 7 pages in when I first posted in this thread, I was responding to the OP, not you. You actually didn't have to quote me at all, and had you not kept quoting me I probably wouldn't have even came back to this thread...you know, given it took until 7 pages in before I even responded. So, how about you leave me alone, hey? Don't like me then please feel free to use the ignore button.
    Last edited by Full House; 23-06-2016 at 21:54.

  11. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    No I'm not.

    And VP...who's the one interrogating? You've posted in this thread 21 times. Other people said no screen time when out for them and you didn't feel the need to take it further, but you have felt the need to quote me 5 times and ask me questions/call me out on things, even when I wasn't responding to you. Most of my posts in here are in response to you quoting me. I have tried to write my responses in a non-judgemental way. I'm sorry if I haven't portrayed that well...most likely because I was on my phone and I try to keep my answers more to the point. If you don't want me to respond to you then STOP quoting me. Amazingly, 7 pages in when I first posted in this thread, I was responding to the OP, not you. You actually didn't have to quote me at all, and had you not kept quoting me I probably wouldn't have even came back to this thread...you know, given it took until 7 pages in before I even responded. So, how about you leave me alone, hey? Don't like me then please feel free to use the ignore button.
    I'm confused... Did you edit your post to add everything after the first line because no-one had responded and you wanted to solicit a response?

  12. #139
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,673
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked
    2,414
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sigh. No. My youngest called out for me so I hit post, went to sort out my child, and then came back and edited to finish off.

    Seriously VP, just leave me alone okay.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-08-2015, 01:22
  2. New screen for Galaxy S6
    By Myztiks#1Fan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-07-2015, 06:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
121Temps
For the last 10 years 121 Temps has helped thousands of personal assistants/others to set up and work as a virtual assistant from home. Our services include: - One-2-One Mentoring - Online Training/Courses - Handbook, Toolkits, Templates & more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!