+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default After school snacks

... that are hot?
    With the colder weather now, DD says she feels like something 'hot', for after school snacks, and breakfast/snacks/lunch on weekends.

But I am stumped for ideas. She doesn't like pizza or melted cheese, so that cancels quite a few options. She doesn't like lots of things actually, but is still expecting me to come up with some ideas for her. :/

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine like freshly made pikelets on cold days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muffins (heated up), banana bread (toasted), zucchini slice (heated up), fritters, pikelets (plain, banana, vegetable ones), crepes (sweet or savoury fillings), cinnamon scrolls, vegemite scrolls (cheeseless), pumpkin scones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felafels, meatballs, chicken nuggets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default After school snacks

I make pasta soup - well it's just veggie or chicken stock ( whatever I have made) and I boil it, add the little starlini pasta ( tiny star pasta- you could use risoni or any tiny pasta) stir in a beaten egg white at the end and some chopped parsley or shallots if I have any - it's enough to fill him up at 4pm but still be hungry at 6.30 for dinner ( it's like a thick soup consistency) or an egg pancake - pretty much 2 eggs beaten with cheese, tomato and whatever herbs I have and fry in mini fry pan ( this is great for breakfast as well)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mini sausages, meat balls with yoghurt dip, grilled chicken breast strips ( i precook these, say in sunday, and have ready for first few days of the week and warm these things quickly in the microwave ). I buy falafels as well. I try to go for protein rich snacks. Also, how about baking things like zucchini and bacon slice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I make pasta soup - well it's just veggie or chicken stock ( whatever I have made) and I boil it, add the little starlini pasta ( tiny star pasta- you could use risoni or any tiny pasta) stir in a beaten egg white at the end and some chopped parsley or shallots if I have any - it's enough to fill him up at 4pm but still be hungry at 6.30 for dinner ( it's like a thick soup consistency)
    Sorry to totally invade but after a resurgence of MS the last few days I haven't wanted to eat much. Then I read this and though yum!

How super easy and comforting - thanks!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Sorry to totally invade but after a resurgence of MS the last few days I haven't wanted to eat much. Then I read this and though yum!

How super easy and comforting - thanks!!
    Oh. My 1st pregnancy I made chicken soup at least twice a week. Loads of ginger in it too. Helped the MS enough so I could get to sleep (I had horrible evening sickness with my 1st).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scrambled eggs are a real go to here, roast/bbq'd chook/beef/lamb, have some stored cooked rice in the fridge and fry some up with egg/ham/peas, frozen peas heated up with butter, potato wedges, baked potato (pre cook & store to heat up), meatballs/burger patties, tuna pasta warmed up. Leftovers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome! Thanks for the ideas! A few suggestions I know she wouldn't like (tends to not like anything oily) but there are some good suggestions for her here, that I hope she will like.