+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh mr 5 loves home cinrma days .. hiring a movie, closing the curtains, and having popcorn and a milk shake on a picnic blanket on the floor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    - My kids LOVE board games; guess who, Uno, battleships, that stick/marble one.
    - Forts, forts and more forts.
    - Usually one or two days of attractions, ice skating, movies.
    - Cooking
    - Family movie time with pillows and popcorn
    - DS had recently started learning to code online, and DD learning languages.
    - Colouring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My issue isn't so much coming up with ideas. It's coming up with ideas that don't end up in fights, tears or involve spending a heap of money. Oh, and holds their attention for more than 10 minutes. The only things that do that are Batman Lego on the Xbox (but usually ends up in a fight), Lego (often ending in fighting and tears) and the iPad.

I'm considering taking the boys away for a couple of nights and giving DH some peace (well, aside from going to work).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    My issue isn't so much coming up with ideas. It's coming up with ideas that don't end up in fights, tears or involve spending a heap of money. Oh, and holds their attention for more than 10 minutes.
    ).
    My older 2 fight a lot on school holidays. I find what works is if they have a break from each other every second day. So on eg Monday one of them goes to a day activity, or is at a friends place, on Tuesday they can go to the movies together, Wednesday same for Monday except alternate, Thursday we all do something or just stay home.

I have definitely noticed fewer fights when they aren't all forced to hang out with each other every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to ops shops or garage sales and find new (old) board games the kids don't already have.
    Go to the beach in look in rock pools
    Bike rides
    Have the kids do a plsy.. They can write out a script if they're old enough and act it out. Get you camera ready. They can dress up (go to op shops and find some clothes)
    Zoos
    Museums
    Farms
    Fishing
    Camping (even if it's just out the backyard)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Look at what your school offers for Oshc if they have it and follow that program

Thanks
    Reviews
    I currently have my 2 kids and another 2 kids. They've been here since 7am and I've only seen them when they are hungry. They've made cubbies under their beds. I have no idea what they're playing under there but there's squeals of laughter and it's going on 4 and a half hours...

So yeah, build a cubby!