+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default School holidays - boredom buster ideas ?

It's school holidays for us starting Monday for 3 weeks .
    What do you all do ? On Friday I bought loads of art things ( we have a small room we made into an art room ) and it's all almost gone and glue / materials all over the floor 😝
    I have 3 . They get on 75 % of the time but I find then hard to manage alone when we go out because they are all 7 and under and don't listen when we are out ( we do go out just not every day ) . So what do you do at home ? We have just played bird bingo about 4 times and my middle one cried because he didn't win ! Now they are watching land before time .

Need some ideas because I don't cope well with arguing and crying . I used to be a massage therapist for 11 years listening to Enya and staring at candles ... So I really like a calm, happy ,fun house 😆

Let's compile a rainy day / holiday boredom buster list .

I'll start.

indoor disco
    Board games
    Cooking

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about making some home made glitter glue?
    Home made play doh
    A bush / nature walk
    Picnic on the trampoline - every child makes one thing to take to picnic
    Fort building
    Movie marathon day / afternoon
    If they are girls - girls day where you do nails

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2 girls 1 boy For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Subbing for ideas because I won't be able to have time off work. I will be home but also work night shift so anything to keep kiddo not bored would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.
    My boys seem to fight 99% of the time they are home together so I'd love lots of ideas for school holiday activities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    These holidays my oldest is spending a few days with Nan and going to see finding dory.
    We are going to the grampians for a few nights.
    We will do a day trip or two out of town to big playgrounds/indoor play centres
    And he's booked into a second afternoon at childcare.

My two are 5 ( goes to kinder 2.5 days and an afternoon at childcare) and almost 15mnths (home full time).

We may go to the swimming pool ot library if im stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS goes on holidays next Friday for 3 weeks and I've pretty much got play dates, movies, grandparents, aunties and cousins locked in with something on every day, I think we have 2 days left with no plans - I liked to be organised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have recently moved states so don't know anyone yet 😖 all family live overseas or in NSW so I'm thinking I'll have to just venture out daily and put money aside for extra strength coffee ! My oldest son is lovely but pretty wild ( ASD) and can make going to places like the zoo /beach/ playgrounds difficult because he likes to do his thing which mostly means walk off ahead and do what he likes. I might go and buy him a small hammer and nails and go on a bush walk and collect sticks and see what he comes up with or I'm thinking with all this rain I might throw them outside with the hose for hose fights in there rain coats ...... Hmm . 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get onto one of those Groupon things. They have some great holiday deals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If anyone's in Melbourne forest Hill lollipops are doing the free 2 hour drop and shop again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Mine can't handle going out everyday so we do
    Lots of baking (freeze sone for school lunches)
    Craft
    Water (a few drops of food colouring in water) painting on concrete or fences etc. It just washes off.
    Playdough or fondant. The kids love to be able to see their creations on a cake and eat it.
    Make our own story books
    Lots of pretend play
    Chill out days

Going out
    Beach
    Park.
    Feed the turtles at the local river.
    Shopping
    Visit friends