Closed Thread
Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Sounds like my old FS at IVFA.... Totally unprofessional and rude.. And I found some of the nurses there rude also.. If you can't get in to see Mark Livingstone my doctor Dr Reid is also good.
    I have found that the nurses at IVFA are not always helpful at all.. In fact there is a particular nurse there at the moment who I was practically yelling at down the phone trying to explain about my donor (last month when we were due to start - literally the same day) being put on anti-biotics for Tonsillitis and how her period started and then stopped the same day.. she couldn't seem to get past the whole anti-biotics thing. I'm like "You did not prescribe them they are from her GP".. I wanted to smash my head against the wall..

That is probably my only grievance is the nurses.. my FS (could be the same one you had) I love though.. I could see the heartbreak for me in his eyes when he first had to say in 2014 that we may need to think about donor eggs (I was a mess). He then understood my need to try again last year once more with my own eggs and changed my protocol up

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    I have found that the nurses at IVFA are not always helpful at all.. In fact there is a particular nurse there at the moment who I was practically yelling at down the phone trying to explain about my donor (last month when we were due to start - literally the same day) being put on anti-biotics for Tonsillitis and how her period started and then stopped the same day.. she couldn't seem to get past the whole anti-biotics thing. I'm like "You did not prescribe them they are from her GP".. I wanted to smash my head against the wall..

That is probably my only grievance is the nurses.. my FS (could be the same one you had) I love though.. I could see the heartbreak for me in his eyes when he first had to say in 2014 that we may need to think about donor eggs (I was a mess). He then understood my need to try again last year once more with my own eggs and changed my protocol up
    I had multiple nurses at IVFA tell me I was too young and I had plenty of time and why was I wasting my time with IVF? I was 26 at the time and I am now 32 with still no baby..

I had another nurse tell me I was wasting my money with chinese herbs as they don't do anything. I seriously hated going for testing as I just couldn't deal with their attitude. I guess they don't understand what being an IVF nurse requires ie extra compassion and friendly attitudes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,

So long story short I had a BFP back in February this year but at 8 weeks the heartbeat was gone and had a D&C 4 weeks later.

I had a break from the IVF rollercoaster and we TTC naturally for 3 months to no avail. Also found out last month my AMH has plummeted so I guess we have no time to waste anymore.

So we started the IVF journey again this month with another stimulated frozen cycle. I did Gonal F 75 and ovulated on my own apparently. So transfer will be on Monday which happens to be DH's birthday as well.

Lining was 6.2 at Day 9 which is so so for me but could be worse, was hoping for a bit better.

Trying to stay positive and still doing regular acupuncture.

Have done a quick read through everyone's posts and wanted to say good luck to everyone for now and for the future.

P.S. also wanted to join in on the IVFA discussion. Although i liked my FS and he got me pregnant even though i miscarried. I couldnt handle the nurses lack of compassion. So i changed to Genea and my FS is quite blunt and opinionated. But we shall see how we go. If this months protocol doesnt work Im going to ask to have it exactly the same as what it was with IVFA when I fell pregnant (i originally asked that but this one still didnt end up being the same). Hopefully the FS doesnt bite my head off and agrees to do it that way.
    Last edited by Evelynmoo; 12-08-2016 at 09:24.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (12-08-2016),julianicholson  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had multiple nurses at IVFA tell me I was too young and I had plenty of time and why was I wasting my time with IVF? I was 26 at the time and I am now 32 with still no baby..

I had another nurse tell me I was wasting my money with chinese herbs as they don't do anything. I seriously hated going for testing as I just couldn't deal with their attitude. I guess they don't understand what being an IVF nurse requires ie extra compassion and friendly attitudes.
    Seriously??? That is bad..... I am at the Westmead clinic (not sure if that is where you were as I note you live in Sutherland Shire) and they generally aren't too bad but sometimes they are a bit painful.... Generally aren't too rude and don't undervalue my reasons for being there (or that I've been TTC since 27-28 - a year after we got married, and doing IVF since I was 28-29) but they can just drive me insane and really I would like the same nurse all the time (and during my first cycle I had the same nurse but she seems to have disappeared).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously??? That is bad..... I am at the Westmead clinic (not sure if that is where you were as I note you live in Sutherland Shire) and they generally aren't too bad but sometimes they are a bit painful.... Generally aren't too rude and don't undervalue my reasons for being there (or that I've been TTC since 27-28 - a year after we got married, and doing IVF since I was 28-29) but they can just drive me insane and really I would like the same nurse all the time (and during my first cycle I had the same nurse but she seems to have disappeared).
    I was at the Miranda clinic and the city one as I used to work in the city.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies quick question about crinone as its been ages since I have used it, do you have to lie down for a period of time after using it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies quick question about crinone as its been ages since I have used it, do you have to lie down for a period of time after using it??
    Hey Nat - usually have to stay lying down for about 30 minutes.. Don't forget a liner for your knickers as that stuff is gross!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nat - usually have to stay lying down for about 30 minutes.. Don't forget a liner for your knickers as that stuff is gross!!!
    I thought so.. That sucks because the nurses said every 12 hours so I am not sure how I am going to be able to do that..... I might have to go into work late each day just so I can do it... Eg 6am and 6pm will be hard getting home in time and 7am and 7pm means I may be late for work... I might ask them if it absolutely has to be twelve hours apart..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought so.. That sucks because the nurses said every 12 hours so I am not sure how I am going to be able to do that..... I might have to go into work late each day just so I can do it... Eg 6am and 6pm will be hard getting home in time and 7am and 7pm means I may be late for work... I might ask them if it absolutely has to be twelve hours apart..
    I would usually not do mine 12 hours apart because it was just not feasible... I would do it at about 2130 (9.30pm) and then when DH alarm went off at 0530 I would put the morning one is as my alarm would go off at 0600 (I start work at 0730) so it would have it's half hour "cure" time...

I think sometimes they forget that for us to pay for IVF we need to work therefore these crazy timelines are not always feasible...

I remember by last cycle they had to do a freeze all as they were worried about OHSS and I had to do my trigger at midnight (I'm normally in bed at 2230).. My eyes were falling out of my head...

I am really feeling for my donor.. I've tried to keep her in the loop of what crazy things to expect but I think she's going to be shocked..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not good news here only 1 follie grew and is 26mm the other 2 are still 12 and 14mm so waiting to hear from doc but nurse is certain its cancelled

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brib For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (12-08-2016)