Closed Thread
Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Can't wait for your BT @Heyside!! I have a good feeling about your BT!!! FX!!! So excited! Mine is a long way away..
    Well someone has to be excited for me 😳 its not something I look forward to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think in some instances they can be put down to chromosomal issues @pingc383 is was from my BO we started doing the pgd testing. The chromosomal issue in my case was probably just located in the inner cell mass (which makes the baby) so it failed to develop. My body or the sac failed to identity the issue though so continued to grow. There may be other reasons also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm having a look to see if there are any worth going to. I just realised Monash ivf is in nsw.. I might try them.. I truly don't know any others or at least haven't seen any reviews on any amazing ones here.. I'll keep looking..
    Hi Hun..

I got your PM about your clinic and they were the first clinic I was with and I hated them! I too felt exactly the same way as you do and that they refused to do 5 day transfers.

I headed to our new clinic IVFA and they have been fantastic. They do 5 day transfers, high magnification of DH sperm, and if I hadn't gone there I probably wouldn't know I have an egg issue and am now going down the donor path.

when I was at your current clinic I felt that they didn't listen and they just poo pooed everything I said.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I'm also with Genea! I was with IVF Australia before and Genea is hands down so much more professional. You really do get what you pay for.
    @bubbles21 is the line getting lighter? May be the pregnyl going out of your system?
    Interesting everyone's experiences on clinics. My previous clinic was Ping's and I'm currently with IVFA and they are hands down the best so far for us. If we hadn't changed we would never have known we need to go down the egg donor route.

i think everyone's experiences are unique to each clinic. Good luck with your next round xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jeb8303 View Post
    Interesting everyone's experiences on clinics. My previous clinic was Ping's and I'm currently with IVFA and they are hands down the best so far for us. If we hadn't changed we would never have known we need to go down the egg donor route.

i think everyone's experiences are unique to each clinic. Good luck with your next round xx
    Which clinic were u with before?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016

@jeb8303 no offense but any clinic would seem better then fertility first as they are a low cost clinic. Yes every clinic is different and some may be better than others for certain people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply hun. Can I ask your age? Your photo suggest you are not a day older than 30!
    How many cycles did you do with the clinic I'm at? I'm so angry at my FS.. She's so unhelpful and has a mean streak to her.. She's so fake as well..

I've made an appointment with Mark Livingstone at Genea. I'm also on Dr Warren Deambrosis' cancellation list in QLD. I'll see them both and then make a decision.

I'm feeling better and excited for the second opinions.

In the meantime, I'm doing an FET and an not feeling hopeful. I had 4 frosties.. I would very much like her to transfer them all in so I don't waste 2 x FET fees..
    Lol thanks DH & I are both 33 and have been TTC for 6 years (married for 7 in October).

We did 2 fresh & 1 frozen there. Yes she does have a bit of a mean streak. It was actually out of our way to go there and I was always angry that they wouldn't do a 5 day transfer.

good on you looking at changing clinics. I've heard good things about Genea. IVFA is the best for us as they are the easiest (next suburb over from my work) and hey also do digital high magnification of DH sperm which is important as they have motility and morphology issues).

Unfortunately they're not allowed to transfer more than 2 due to the laws set down by the Government.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    @jeb8303 no offense but any clinic would seem better then fertility first as they are a low cost clinic. Yes every clinic is different and some may be better than others for certain people.
    I wasn't taking a dig at your experiences with IVFA vs Genea (which seems to be the impression I get from your comment - but I could be over sensitive at the moment due to this lack of control I have with doing a donor cycle this month) just saying that my experiences with them have been the reason why we have found out we are now on the donor path rather than wasting thousands of dollars and getting the same results.

When I was with FF they were not that as cheap as they are now and I didn't pick them as they were low cost. Maybe now they've turned into a low cost clinic. Although compared to my approx $13k plus $3k for frozen for this donor cycle they seem massively low cost..

Best of luck and I hope your emby's keep growing. xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See, I was very close re your age!!!

I'm sure you've exhausted every single test, but are they absolutely positive you need donor eggs? There's certainly nothing wrong with that, but at 33, I'm truly surprised you'd have an egg quality issue.. Do you have PCOS?

She's very curt and she's always rushed.. I went there to ask some questions and get some answers and she wouldn't even listen to me and tell me to stop over reading and coming to her with articles. She really p1ssed me off.......

After these two frozen embryo transfers, in taking the other two and going elsewhere. Never again....

Where are you with your DE cycle? Have you started yet?
    lol

Yes they have unfortunately PCOS appearing ovaries and we have tried different protocols and same result (poor quality embryos). You'd be surprised the number of women under 40 who need donor eggs (one of my friends went through 13 rounds with her own and had her beautiful little boy in May with a DE and has 5 still frozen). I have a lot of egg reserve but sadly they are not good quality I blame being on the pill for 10 years.

My gorgeous cousin (29 who has 4 of her own kids) is due to get her period on Sunday so starting her meds as early as next week.. I'm more nervous and oversensitive than for any of my own cycles

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no.. I, too, was on the pill for a long time.. I was on it for 13 years, but I stopped the pill about 11 years ago....
    I thought being on the pill was a good thing? I didn't realise it caused egg quality issues??

I'm a poor responder... I have an AMH of 7. I'm 40. I got 2 eggs first round and 10 second round.

Oh yes, I recall your beautiful cousin being your egg donor. I, too, would be nervous too.. So how does this work? They stimm her and you at the same time?
    Scientifically it probably doesn't cause egg issues but it's just my feeling as to the reason why..

Ive always gotten insane amounts (15-16 except last cycle we changed protocol I had what appeared to be 20+ follies and did a freeze all for suspected OHSS but only 8 eggs but first ever A grade but was unsuccessful)

No we will freeze after her cycle and then do a frozen transfer towards the end of the year. Both of us would have had to be on the pill to coordinate our cycles and she actually has reactions to the pill... They'll just stim her as per a normal cycle and her trigger will be like the one they give when you have suspected OHSS (your period comes after about 5 days) and at EPU they'll do ICSI and then it's cross fingers and hope they are fantastic quality to pass the freeze test

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jeb8303 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (12-08-2016)