Closed Thread
Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @pingc383 good luck with this FET! It's great you're getting started again so soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts extremely exciting for you! hope it's all confirmed with your BT tomorrow.

I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have had any scenarios like this: I found out yesterday that my only frostie has come back with abnormalities so unfortunately that's it for me this cycle.
    We only had 2 embryos to start with. The first one was transferred without testing as a fresh transfer which didn't work out and the other now been ruled out due to the testing showing abnormality.
    It's quite confronting to learn that my embryo was abnormal. Is this quite common and have any of you had testing done and had some be ok out of a batch of embryos? My fear is what if I always have abnormal results.
    We are going to start a long protocol to hopefully stimulate more follicles.

Just wondered if any of you troopers had any experience on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cococool View Post
    @lotsathoughts extremely exciting for you! hope it's all confirmed with your BT tomorrow.

I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have had any scenarios like this: I found out yesterday that my only frostie has come back with abnormalities so unfortunately that's it for me this cycle.
    We only had 2 embryos to start with. The first one was transferred without testing as a fresh transfer which didn't work out and the other now been ruled out due to the testing showing abnormality.
    It's quite confronting to learn that my embryo was abnormal. Is this quite common and have any of you had testing done and had some be ok out of a batch of embryos? My fear is what if I always have abnormal results.
    We are going to start a long protocol to hopefully stimulate more follicles.

Just wondered if any of you troopers had any experience on this?
    Our last cycle we had 16 follicles, 6 mature eggs, 6 fertilised, 6 grade A, but only 1 normal PGS tested embryo. Our FS said that unfortunately it is a numbers game and perhaps we just have a higher number of abnormal embryos. I have done extensive research on google and haven't found much on the subject either.. We are both under 35, healthy, don't smoke or drink etc etc.

After that cycle we decided enough was enough and that the % wasn't good... here we are 3 years on and having another go as we are eager to see what the next cycle shows. The FS also said that just because we had a high number of abnormal before doesn't necessarily mean we will this time. I think however if we do then this will be our last cycle. No point throwing $$$ at something with 1 egg to transfer if we are lucky, doesn't seem good odds to me.

Did you do day 3 or 5 testing? We had day 3 before which has now proven to be less reliable than day 5 which also makes me mad that we potentially threw away good embryos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brib View Post
    @lotsathoughts
    I might try that im not too bad with the puregon pen but its the others that scare me! I watched a youtube video on it and it has scared me alot! Lol @nattie84
    Im so lucky he can do it otherwise i would be going to the hosp to get it done! He was a bit nervous at first but hes ok now.. i hope its not too bad after the 1st one i think ill be okay!
    U/s tomorrow and i cant wait to find out if ive overstimmed! Praying i havnt!
    We both have our scans tomorrow! I am now nervous that the increase of Gonal F has made my ovaries ache a little again and feel real bloated.. I hope there is not too many eggs in there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

brib  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @cococool - So sorry to hear you got a bfn with your first embie and your second embie came back abnormal.
    In our last cycle we tested 3 embryos to get one normal. I speak to a lady in another thread though who did several cycles looking for a normal embie with no success she then decided to try one more last cycle and not only did she find her golden normal embryo she was also successful and is now several weeks pregnant, her story gives me faith. Hopefully you get more success next cycle x
    @nattie84 - Good luck with your scan tomorrow x

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (04-08-2016),nattie84  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cococool sorry to hear about your embryo coming back abnormal. Hope you have better luck next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear your embryo came back abnormal. I don't have any experience with this sorry. Love @Heyside's story tho, very hopeful xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

mish239  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside @nattie84 @Heyside
    Thanks for your quick responses. You really are a supportive group. I know you all have been on a long journey so it's good to have your knowledge and advice. @Heyside that story is a good one - I swell of hope that this could be just a hitch. @nattie84 I'm sorry it's been so hard for you - We did our test on a Day 5 embryo - which actually was a blast on day 6 (slow to develop, could've told them it was abnormal and saved ourselves the bill!).

Thanks for you help lovely ladies

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cococool For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (04-08-2016),nattie84  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cococool View Post
    @Heyside @nattie84 @Heyside
    Thanks for your quick responses. You really are a supportive group. I know you all have been on a long journey so it's good to have your knowledge and advice. @Heyside that story is a good one - I swell of hope that this could be just a hitch. @nattie84 I'm sorry it's been so hard for you - We did our test on a Day 5 embryo - which actually was a blast on day 6 (slow to develop, could've told them it was abnormal and saved ourselves the bill!).

Thanks for you help lovely ladies
    Hun don't loose hope on 6 day blasties, Warren always pushes my embies out to day 6 and says it doesn't mean anything. Also think about when your EPU was, for example mine the other day wasn't until 1pm but they will be checked at 7am the following day and classed as day 1 but truely wont be day 1 until after 1pm the following day. Does that make sense?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

cococool  (04-08-2016),nattie84  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cococool I'm sorry to hear that your embryo was abnormal hun. I'm waiting for my PGS results tomorrow so will see if I have more info for you then.

The counselling my clinic did before PGS gave a lot of stats. Your chances of a normal embryo depends on maternal age mostly. I was given 40% chance of normal blastocyst at age 38. It's about 60-70% for women aged 30, though sometimes younger ladies seem to have bad luck with abnormal eggs. They said half of the couples testing at our clinic have no normals, but 50% of them get a normal one the next cycle, so there is hope.

In a way it's luck especially if you are a low responder (I am too). Another lady put it this way- if you are imagining your eggs as coloured balls, and so you have 100. If 30 are normal then you scoop only two, you are not very likely to get a normal one compared to someone who scoops 20 each time. So deciding to go again depends on age and response.

Hope this helps. I did two cycles to test, and for what it's worth I have decided not to go again if they're abnormal. I'm lucky I have a female DP with a high AMH to have a go to donate to me instead though.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

cococool  (04-08-2016),Heyside  (04-08-2016),nattie84  (04-08-2016)