Closed Thread
Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Kristy838 - Definately don't apologise gor asking questions hun this whole ivf world is a mind field and can be so confusing. Yes this was the first pgd tested embie we have put back hopefully we will have more luck next time. I am also being treated for natural killer cells, they were detected through an endometrial biopsy. It just means some of the nk cells have been identified as being at raised levels in my uterus and it may be likely that they will attack an embryo that starts to implant so I have intralipids, use high dose clexane injections (blood thinners) and steroids (prednisone) to correct the issue. Hope that helps.

Hope this is a very lucky thread with lots of bfp's xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (03-07-2016),Kristy838  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there I'm just popping in to say hi and let you all know that I've been watching these threads but haven't yet posted in this one (I find it too hard to keep track if I start posting in too many places!). Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself as there have been a couple of questions come up which I hope I can be of some assistance with.
    Someone was asking about syneral and the taste - to be honest, I didn't think it was all that bad! I got myself all worked up over it in anticipation of starting it, and when I actually had it, I was surprised at how mild it actually was. Might be just me though!
    The other thing I wanted to mention is about the NK cells. I know many doctors don't believe in them, but I got tested (endometrial tissue biobsy after 3 failed fresh and frozen transfers) and found to have high levels. I had a bfn with my fist transfer on prednisolone and clexane, but recently got my first ever BFP on the next cycle. I'm absolutely convinced that it was the NK cells that have been causing our infertility and that the pred and clexane (and progesterone support) are what are keeping our bubbas growing now (7 weeks and 1 day today - only found out yesterday that both embies stuck and it's twins!).
    I know everyone is different, but just thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in as I know it helped me to hear positive stories and to know there was always something different I could try when things weren't working.
    Sending lots of babydust to you all and wishing you well

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

babypanda  (04-07-2016),Heyside  (04-07-2016),hopefull29  (02-07-2016),julianicholson  (03-07-2016),Kristy838  (04-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm new to this site and starting first round of Ivf short cycle. I have endometriosis, a biocornate uterus and have Hypothyroidism 😨😨. My partner and i have been trying to conceive for 3 years with no luck. We are using Genea via RPAH with FS Marren. Anyone in the same boat?
    I started on progynova Wed 29th, got AF Fri 1st. BT on 2nd with good results. Have to stay on progynova till Wed 6th and start Puregon injection Friday 8th. Looking forward to chatting to you all 😊😊

Luck to all xx
    Last edited by Karola82; 03-07-2016 at 01:28.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Karola82 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Karola82 welcome! Wishing you a successful cycle. Sounds like you've been through a bit over the 3 years of TTC. Did you know about your issues earlier or only find them out during tests?
    I had no idea about my issues until testing. I have been TTC for 3 years now also. After 18months found out I had a huge ovarian cyst then 6 months post op found out my tubes were blocked. I've just finished my first IVF cycle and getting ready for a FET this month.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Karola82  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 thank you!
    Yes i was aware of the endometriosis as I've had a few laparoscopies to remove it. On my last laparoscopy last year they informed me of my Biocornate uterus which was a shock as all the information I've read about it says it cause miscarriages and pre mature labour.
    Wow you must have been shock to find out about yours. Wishing you all the luck in the world with the FET. Let me know how it all goes 😊😊😊.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Karola82 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies for those who have gone through a long suppression/down regulation cycle, did you have to have a period before the down regulation scan/blood test? I don't think I'll have mine by the scan date so I'm wondering whether I'll have to go back after af arrives. This is the first time I'm actually hoping af comes so I can start the injectables lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Karola82 that's scary news to find out. Mine was a total shock given I never had any symptoms for anything other than infertility.
    @bubbles21 i down regulated with the pill and syneral. I had a bleed 3 days after stopping the pill and my blood test was a week or so later when I picked up my injections. I down regulated for about 3.5 weeks or so- not sure if that's a long down regulation or not. I never had a scan just blood test. Hoping AF comes so you don't have to have extra scans/BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @OneOfTheseDays - Congratulations nice to hear good news x
    @Karola82 - Welcome hun, Sounds like you have had a lot to come to terms with over the last few years with your diagnosis. Hope it is all straight forward to overcome and your journey from here is short x
    @bubbles21 - I hope af turns up ontime for your scan hun I don't get a natural af so my scans are always booked in around when I stop taking the provera to induce af. I usually phone the clinic on cd1 and book it in from there. It hopefully shouldn't change your dates too much of its late x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kristy838 It looks like Heyside has explained the NKC perfectly but It just attacks anything strange and therefore doesn't let the embryo implant. I think they are still studying about it so not every doctor will look into this but my FS is right into it, which is great and hopefully gets us the results.
    @Heyside I have a intralipids infusion tomorrow, I am a little nervous. Have you had it before ? Also starting my Clexane after EC.

I have my first scan tomorrow since starting so hoping that we have some good eggs growing

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babypanda For This Useful Post:

Kristy838  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babypanda - Don't worry too much over the intralipids hun try and enjoy the time out from it all and relax. I had them last cycle too and they are done at the infusion centre at the hospital. They are well equipped for it there and I just sat in a comfy chair for just under 4 hours whilst the mixture went through. They provided me with lunch if if I was still there and I had my own tv and just spent my time reading and keeping myself busy. Are you on the prednisone too? Good luck with your scan tomorrow x