Closed Thread
Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @nattie84 I only paid $150 for my four meds. Thankfully they were covered under the Medicare PBS because yes mine added up to over $2500! For the first time I've been saying "thank you government!" 😝
    Last edited by crossingfingers; 31-07-2016 at 08:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I think that all sounds pretty positive for a Tuesday pick up. I recall on Wednesday before my pick up I had about 14 that were of a decent size and like 30 that were small. I ended up with 37 follicles of mature size to pick up from and out of them, 26 mature eggs. They seemed to really grow in those last 48 hours before pick up.
    I hope you get lots of mature eggs. Crossing my fingers for you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crossingfingers For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crossingfingers View Post
    @Heyside I think that all sounds pretty positive for a Tuesday pick up. I recall on Wednesday before my pick up I had about 14 that were of a decent size and like 30 that were small. I ended up with 37 follicles of mature size to pick up from and out of them, 26 mature eggs. They seemed to really grow in those last 48 hours before pick up.
    Wow that's heaps! What a good haul!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crossingfingers View Post
    Thats a great number hun and great to hear before my pick up. Hoping you got an amazing fert result also xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't come on daily but have tried to read through all the posts. It's so hard to remember each of the posts to reply, so sorry I'm not being rude. My main point is congrats to all those who got their BFP and thinking of those (like myself) who got a July BFN and now crossing fingers for everyone starting their next round, however that may be.

I'm at day 11 preparing for my second FET. Had a rough week actually, went to see the psychologist through our clinic and came to realise I have a lot of added stress on me from my in-laws they don't seem to understand how very hard it is for me to be around their daughter and her 3 month old (our nephew) at the moment as we go through this journey. They say they understand but they so don't because they then criticise and judge me for not being able to pick him up etc. Lots of tears and my husband is still disappointed in their lack of support and the conversation happened on Thursday night!!
    Has anyone else had family who say they are supportive but just don't get it??

Also extremely happy for two of my gfs who this week told me they were pregnant. Then end up being more sad we aren't there yet.

Did speak to my doctor who said he's very happy with the quality of our remaining 18 frozen embryos so just holding out hope for the next round. When you get into a down mood, it's hard to pull yourself out of it

Good luck to everyone at their various stages. I'm back tomorrow for a blood test and ultrasound to naturally time the FET. Fingers crossed! Also no idea what this name will come up as, but I ditched "sickoftrying" as I wanted to be more positive. Please tag any replies to @crossingfingers xx
    Last edited by crossingfingers; 31-07-2016 at 10:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh @Heyside you have a few alarms to set before your EPU! I wouldn't be able to fall asleep after all those interruptions. Maybe you'll need a good book!
    @crossingfingers wow you got quite a few mature eggs! How was the recovery after that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside yep we were very happy with the egg count, I do have PCO and so was at risk of hyperstimulation so had to wait two months before my first transfer.

Of our 26 mature eggs we ended up with 19 frozen embryos. We were very lucky. I'm crossing my fingers for you with a positive result too. Sounds like you're on the way!

@lotsathoughts it was surprisingly good. I took two panadol on the day of pick up (didn't need the docs panadine forte script) and two on the Sunday as I felt a little bit of pain. Obviously had pain immediately after waking up and had a heat pack and was the last to leave the clinic actually even though I was the first of 4 in. No bloating, no vomiting. My clinic said they were so surprised given the 37 eggs taken out. Guess I was just lucky? I did as I said above have to wait two cycles for things to settle down and my cycles were earlier this year 27/28 days, but since pick up have been more like 31/32 (apparently things should return to normal) but yes overall pretty decent recovery thankfully.
    Last edited by crossingfingers; 31-07-2016 at 09:33.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crossingfingers For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So 4dp5dt and all cramping has finished. First two days cramping now nothing. Last FET I was cramping the whole time. I wonder if it's s good sign? I'm so nervous I don't know how I am going to wait a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    @jeb8303 - not long winded at all, it's actually lovely of you to share your story. I use the app to post, but can't see signatures, but then again I am new to this and haven't figured out the app yet! I'm so happy your beautiful cousin is donating some eggs, but I'm sorry that she was unwell. I hope she's feeling better!
    I'm surprised you still needed a donor egg give you produced AA and B embryos.. I thought As and Bs were great.. I wonder why they grade them a B or A? Why not a C, D or E? I just don't understand. Wishing you and your gorgeous cousin a successful cycle. thanks again for sharing xx
    Hi @pingc383

Because we have never been able to have a successful pregnancy even on a B or A grade embryo (keeping in mind that out of 5 cycles we only got one A grade embryo)., financially I don't want to keep trying with my own eggs for me to still be in the same position later on...

My friend went through 13 rounds with her own eggs (including some pgd) and her husbands sperm (we have the same the FS) and first round with donor eggs (her sister) she fell pregnant and has about 4 still frozen and she had her baby in May....

sometimes i think that for whatever reason genetics just get screwed up... I think that being on the pill for majority of 10 years played havoc with my egg quality...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 it was a good sign for me. Hopes its a good sign for you too! Will you poas before your BT?