Closed Thread
Page 26 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pingc383 I know it's super hard but try to relax and not over analyse every tiny thing. It'll drive you crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had some good fertilization results!
    But I decided to ask some further questions about my eggs as last time my FS told me about all the notes the embryologist made.
    So here they are...
    5 out of 7 ICSI fertilized (3 are grainy, 3 have smooth things?? 1 is looking ok)
    7 of 8 IVF fertilized (1 is looking bad, the rest ok)
    So I'm taking from this that 6 of the 12 are looking ok which is so much better than my 3 last time. I'm glad I asked more questions so that I'm not getting my hopes up with the other 6 that fertilized. Still there's a chance they correct themselves but I'll see that as a bonus.
    And none of my eggs disintegrated which is amazing! (7 did last time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @pingc383 - Am I right in thinking you have had boosters hun? The hcg in the boosters can increase your chances of getting ohss and make the symptoms worse. Of course there is also the chance if your embryos have implanted that the natural hcg being released into your system could also be adding to your bloated feeling. Look after yourself hun and try and stay sane its so hard in the tww not to over analyse everything x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383- the cramps and bloating can be from the pregnyl as it stimulates your profesterone to rise. Don't be too concerned about early symptoms. I've had heaps with BFNs and actually had minimal symptoms with my BFP. It's such a tortuous time in the 2WW!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016

Thanks @pingc383 I'll definitely need to ask about the grading as I never do. Asking more questions this round for sure.
    Hopefully you won't need to worry about IVF for the next round because this one works. Although I'm always planning ahead too.
    We went with ICSI for the round in which we got out DD because of DH's motility and I think possibly something else. It was close to when DH had given up smoking so I'm sure that probably impacted it. Anyway last time DH's sperm looked good so this round we tried IVF. I was a bit nervous about it to be honest but so far so good. DH has given up alcohol since June 1st (for a whole year) so I'm sure that is helping. It's great for his confidence to see such an improvement in his swimmers.
    Glad you're feeling better today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PING383 & @lotsathoughts we have always done ICSI due to low sperm morph... I had always wondered about whether they are choosing the best sperm as we have had the following results:

13 eggs - 7 mature, 5 fertilised, 2 AA grade blasts
    16 eggs - 5 mature, 5 fertilised, 5 AA grade blasts + PGD only 1 normal embryo

But on the other hand I had a friend do IVF without ICSI and get none fertilised... Its a tough decision and I guess it also depends on the egg quality.
    Last edited by nattie84; 21-07-2016 at 15:29.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We also have to do icsi due to the fact we are doing pgd its a must do for the testing. We are adding in picsi this time just to makesure the best sperm is being chosen rather than just going by how they look. Hopefully this will improve how the embies develop, we usually get a good fert rate but a big drop off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016

Have any of you ladies had mild cramps before a bfp? Mine started yesterday 5dpt. Due for blood test on Wednesday. I hope it's not AF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    @lotsathoughts - please ask questions, why not? I'm always asking questions lol, but I figure I have a right to know how everything works, otherwise they don't tell you anything!!!! Thanks hun. We don't have an mf issues, but my DH's DNA damage percentage was like 17% and they like it to be less than 11%... I would still like to know whether his sperm can fertilise the egg, but didn't want to take a chance cos they kept telling me it's best I did not do that.. I chose PICSI, but of the 9 (of 10 eggs collected) that fertilised, 3 were abnormal on day 3. I really don't know of it's his swimmers or my eggs that caused the abnormal division of cells..... Any idea?
    I wish DH can give up alcohol, although he doesn't drink much.. I'm so happy your DH has taken so many steps to improve his swimmers!!!! I'm wishing you the most successful transfer hun! My everything is crossed for you!!
    @nattie84 - wow, you have excellent quality at AA! I can't get past B grade!! So of the 5 x AA quality, are you telling me of the 5 only one came back genetically normal from PGD? Have you had a BFP before?
    Yeah only one was normal it was devastating as it had to be retested as it was inconclusive at first.Doctor said there is no medical studies to support why this happens, he said next cycle we may have all being normal. Our very first IVF was a chemical.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    @nattie84 - my clinic refuses to let embryos go beyond day 3. Their policy is to transfer at day 3. They reckon they lose so baby after that. She thinks the embryos are better off in the uterus than in a dish.. I wonder if that's correct.. But I guess that doesn't help with PGD.. I can't imagine these genetic issues appear after day 3.. Our clinic refuses to do PGD, she reckons when you tamper with it, it can activate other problems.. Who knows.. I'm sorry that even with excellent quality they found issues.. So strange.. xx
    Guess it just shows the grading only tells what it looks like not how good it is. We did just change clinics as our old clinic did day 3 PGD testing which has now been proven to be incorrect.. It's frustrating when you pay all of this money and trust the doctors and then they change their mind..

Oh well onward and upward I say.