Closed Thread
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear about your miscarriages @julianicholson. Was that with a PGS normal emby too? I've had one m/c and one chem but then had my DS.

I found FETs so much easier than fresh cycles so hope yours goes well xx
    @Flower78 my latest one was with a PGS embryo. I much prefer FET feels more 'natural' weirdly. I am hoping that the last two have been 'glitches' if I don't meet with FS this week, I have an appointment with her on Monday. Hopefully she has a plan of attack for me.

I am a very strong person, but this is really getting to me emotionally. All I have ever wanted was to be a mum, and everybody else in my family gets pregnant very easily so it was one of those things I just assumed would be easy. We will all get there I am sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join in too. Miscarriages must be heart breaking. I am really sorry that you have both had to go through that juliancholson & Skeeter. I have been on and off this journey for a while. I am ready to get back on the baby making train and will start my next cycle on 12th July (period permitting). This will be my third full cycle and I am hoping three times is the charm.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristy838 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome@Kristy838 looks like you have had a long journey. Fingers crossed that third time is the charm. Are your FET's all natural? Has your FS made any suggestions in terms of what could be going on?

This all still blows my mind that people manage to get 'accidentally' pregnant when we all know how many things need to be aligned and on track for that to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you on that one. I get so frustrated when I hear people say "oh it was an accident" or "we really didn't want a child, it just happened".

We have massive male infertility issues. Financially it became a huge strain but we have now accessed my super so it will take some of the financial pressure off of this cycle. All my FET were natural (I think). It feels so long ago.

We are going to be using donor sperm this time as our embryos have all been extremely low quality. It took a while for us both to come to terms with doing it, but at the end of the day we both want to raise a family together so I'll do what ever it takes.

I 100% your need to be a mum and the emotional toll is huge. Let's just hope it is all worth it in the end. When is your next FET booked for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kristy838 male fertility is our issue too. We have talked about donor sperm but luckily we aren't there yet. I totally get that that is really difficult to come to terms with.
    I will tell you a story though, one of the guys I work with had a child just over 12 months ago and I have had lots of cuddles and always commented on how much the bub looks like him etc. The other day after he heard about my circumstances he mentioned that his DS was born through donor sperm. There is no way you could pick it - completely uncanny how much they look alike. A real dad or mum isn't made through the sperm or the egg its all the love and care that makes you a mum or dad I think.

I totally understand the financial strain, I am in a very lucky position and I often think how I would feel if i wasn't financially able to support my need to be a mum. it would be devastating. It is good that there is the option to access your Super.

It all has to be worth it in the end doesn't it... I am not sure when my next FET will be, I have a FS appointment Monday so I should get some answers then. I am hoping I can do one this cycle so transfer would probably be mid July, otherwise late August....

Good luck with everything and I look forward to being a part of your journey.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (28-06-2016),Kristy838  (22-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi team,

I hope you are all traveling okay.

AFM I had an appointment with my FS yesterday and she is worried as I have had 1 m/c and one chem pregnancy this year so we are using this cycle to test everything. I am having a lot of blood tests to look at everything under the sun, I am having a pelvic MRI and an endometrial biopsy.

I am not overly concerned but keen to see if this sheds any light on what has been going on. I think that the most recent chemical pregnancy may have been stress related as my best friend (basically a sister) had a full term still born so I was very stressed during the whole time. who knows really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,

I had my apt with my FS a couple of weeks ago and will be going back for my FET in late August. I have a 1yo from my IVF fresh transfer back in Aug 14.

I'm starting to get anxious and nervous about going back again esp as this is our last embryo. I had shut the lid on our IVF/fertility treatment journey once I had gotten pregnant even though I knew I would return here one day.

Oh well here we go again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies. I'll be having my first ivf cycle in July. I'm expecting to have the egg transfer end of july/early august.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET July-August 2016

Hiya jumping over from the May/June thread.
    This year I've had a FET in March/April and a fresh cycle in June, both times unsuccessful.
    This last cycle I had 7 eggs that didn't survive the injection process so my egg quality isn't the greatest. I'll be doing another fresh cycle in a couple of weeks as my FS doesn't have much faith in the embryo they froze.
    Oh and I'm blessed to have a 2yo DD from a fresh cycle in 2013. She was a beautiful hatching blasty and I've put my order in for another one of those this cycle. 😜

Can totally understand the financial strain issues you're all talking about. We're feeling like we're constantly chasing our tail and nervous about our credit card getting away from us.
    @Juliannicholson thanks for starting this page.
    Hope the tests help bring some clarity this cycle. I've not really heard of those ones, do you know what they're looking for?
    Last edited by lotsathoughts; 28-06-2016 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,

July is almost here

Juliancholson I really hope you get some answers with this cycle. Don’t you just feel like a pincushion with all the bloods and tests we endure? I swear more people have seen my vagina since I started IVF than before I was married.

Bundle of joy Lets hope that one embryo is all you will need.

Bubbles21 I really hope your IVF journey is short and sweet. When are you due to start?

Lotsathoughts the financial cost is insane. I worked out last week that I have already paid the clinic over 26k. Yes we get money back from Medicare but everything is so expensive.

AFM – I pick up my drugs on Friday. This will be my third cycle, but it has been over 2 years since my last one. I feel like a newbie again.

Lets hope we are all big, fat, hormonal and pregnant very very soon. It will be so nice to have other people in the same boat to chat to.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristy838 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (28-06-2016)