Closed Thread
Page 14 of 112 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great to hear bloods are fine @lotsathoughts. Not so good that the menopur is impacting on your gut, did this happen with puregon too or is it the first time on these meds?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm back! Had my appointment with the nurses today and I am ready to go.. Doing a long down regulated cycle so start my Provera this Thurs eeek its been three years since our last IVF cycle....... We are doing PGD day 5 testing so it will be a freeze all and wait 5 weeks for the results which means it will be a longer drawn out process but I think I am actually happy that my body can have a break in between.

How is everyone going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. Had my egg pick up today. 11 eggs and 9 injected. Hopefully we get some good news tomorrow about fertilisation.

Quick question to you all about taking time of work. Did you take the day post OPU off? I'm really sore and it hurts to walk. How quick did you normally recover? This is my first time so it's all new to me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to positive vibes For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 our clinic says 2-3 days is enough time for sperm to build up @PositiveVibes I usually need about a week but the anesthetic really knocks me around

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (11-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @pingc383 - my clinic's protocol is that hubby 'needs to ejaculate - not through intercourse' the same night as I do trigger which means the sample he supplied for fertilisation on the day of EPU was 36 hours old. We were also told to abstain from intercourse from about 10 days before EPU I think (I must admit, we didn't really follow that instruction though!). I think it's just being overly cautious in case any eggs pop.

Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Thank you ladies! Let's see how we all go! Last time I had 8 follies, but there were only two eggs!! Not getting excited until Friday..

Ladies, with respect to intercourse and getting a good fresh batch on day of EPU, when would you say is the best time to cease intercourse? How many days before EPU? I asked the nurses and they said there are no rules.. I find that hard to believe. What r your thoughts?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @nattie84 - Great that you can get started hun, hope you get lots of embies to test and the wait will be worth it to know you have PGD normals, we do the testing too but this cycle I will put an embryo from my last cycle while we test any new embryos.
    @pingc383 - Our old clinic use to say to abstain from intercourse for 3-5 days before giving a sample for ivf. Warren my current fs wasn't concerned about this last cycle with us doing icsi but we have decided to stick to this rule ourselves. As for your estrogen levels hun this is where it gets complicated with the number of follicles and varying sizes I am not sure how they work it out from here, can you ask your clinic I find they usually like to explain things like this?
    @positive vibes - Great result at EPU hun hope you get a great fert result. If you dont feel good for work hun definitely take some time off, I have to say every EPU has been different for me, follow what your body is telling you. Hope you recover soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Great to hear bloods are fine @lotsathoughts. Not so good that the menopur is impacting on your gut, did this happen with puregon too or is it the first time on these meds?
    No I've never had any symptoms like this with puregon. I'm feeling a bit bloated and am on the toilet quite a bit...which is a change as I'm usually clogged up. Think Menopur can cause diarrhea from what I've read. Not quite there yet. Hopefully it settles.
    Lucky I'm not in class for this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 thanks Hun. I didn't quite realise a medicated FET involved that many drugs. Super happy I ovulate on my own and I didn't need all them. I start crinone the day of my transfer. I'd seriously rather injections over that but- hated crinone last time.
    @lotsathoughts thanks Hun. Glad your bloods are all good, sucks it's messing up your gut though. Hopefully your gut gets used to it. Have you tried probiotics? I find they helped with me last cycle. I take them pretty often actually. A healthy gut helps everything.

@nattie84 glad you're able to get started. All the best with it all. Hoping your embies come back from testing with flying colours. Hoping the break in between makes the world of difference.
    @pingc383 my clinics procedure is abstinence for 2-5 days before EPU. We did 3 days. Try not to stress about your oestrogen levels Hun, leave it up to the docs that's what you pay the big bucks for!

@positive vibes congrats on those eggs! Hoping tomorrow brings good news for fertilisation rates. I didn't take the day off after EPU but I also had zero pain. Just listen to your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had my EPU and we got 33 eggs, find out today how many fertilized. Feeling incredibly sore and finding it hard to walk, much worse then last time. Hopefully it passes. Hope everyone is going well

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babypanda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 33 eggs is amazing @babypanda. Rest up after that!