Closed Thread
Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I cut communication with my SIL's last year after it became pretty clear they had issues with me.... I will never stop my kids or my DH having a relationship with them but from that point on I stopped facilitating it for them, now DH does all of it, (which isn't much, but maybe they'll realise how much I did) it was a great decision, so freeing not to have to try so hard with them when it clearly didn't work anyway!!
    I do feel a bit silly for trying so hard. Looking back it's so obvious. The biggest clue was having the inlaws cancel traditional Christmas at their place only to learn SIL was having it at hers and we weren't invited -their excuse was they'd assumed we'd be too busy with a newborn and toddler to want to go

At least my children have a nice small network of aunties/uncles/cousins on my side of the family. I tried to encourage them to be close to dh's side as well but I won't have to waste my time any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I do feel a bit silly for trying so hard. Looking back it's so obvious. The biggest clue was having the inlaws cancel traditional Christmas at their place only to learn SIL was having it at hers and we weren't invited -their excuse was they'd assumed we'd be too busy with a newborn and toddler to want to go

At least my children have a nice small network of aunties/uncles/cousins on my side of the family. I tried to encourage them to be close to dh's side as well but I won't have to waste my time any more.
    That would have done it for me. But then I don't really make the effort to see my own brother. He's a massive tool. So full of self importance. My mum is always saying to make the effort but he couldn't even manage a text for my birthday...f@ck him!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Dreading the fact that it's haircut time for DS. It's such an ordeal and I just don't have the energy for it. It's so awful having to try to restrain him because no amount of distraction or bribery works. I hope this is just a phase and it's passes soon because I pretty much leave mortified and in tears every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    Dreading the fact that it's haircut time for DS. It's such an ordeal and I just don't have the energy for it. It's so awful having to try to restrain him because no amount of distraction or bribery works. I hope this is just a phase and it's passes soon because I pretty much leave mortified and in tears every time.
    My DS has long hair that hasn't been cut for a couple of year for this very reason (he never grew out of it).

I am annoyed & angry - just out of hospital this morning & I thought DHS had gone away. Apparently not though as they are coming out this afternoon for a spot check on the state of my house (which is not good as I haven't been travelling well obviously with being in hospital again). Probably because DS has missed some school lately due to his teething issues but I haven't taken him to the dr for the required certificate (because what a complete waste of time). Even my recovery clinician talking to them about rescheduling wouldn't stop them coming this afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

Yes I focus on my side, we have more than enough love to go around (13 grandkids on my side!) and the way I see it, our 2 kids are amazing & they are the ones missing out on them!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    feeling so guilty. My dog has hurt his leg but I cant get him to the vet until 5.30 as dh is out of town today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    feeling so guilty. My dog has hurt his leg but I cant get him to the vet until 5.30 as dh is out of town today
    Do you have home visiting vets where you live? We use one and it's brilliant for emergencies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Do you have home visiting vets where you live? We use one and it's brilliant for emergencies.
    No unfortunatly. My parents old vet used to do home visits but he is now retired. The one we use only does pick ups if they are going in for grooming

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am regretting stumbling across the subreddit entitled butt sharpies. Yes. It is what it sounds like. No. Really don't look at it. No really.

Really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I am regretting stumbling across the subreddit entitled butt sharpies. Yes. It is what it sounds like. No. Really don't look at it. No really.

Really.
    Great, now I want to look.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

harvs  (03-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-08-2016)