Closed Thread
Page 73 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I am.....#17

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    So frustrating. I'm so jealous of people that have close support.
    I don't even ask for help it's too much trouble requires too much grovelling and OTT gratitude.
    My DH is about to go interstate for 7 weeks straight. I have not one person to help me in that time. Yet as I said my parents live 5 minutes away. They haven't offered to do one thing to help me while he's gone. Hmmmmph.
    Hugs gingermillie. I too am resentful when I see all these girls on Facebook going to the gym etc and their kids are being looked after by somebody else.
    When we moved we moved 5 minutes away from my parents. Our previous place was down the road from the in laws. It hurts knowing they are so close by probably not doing much when I'm struggling so much and even an hour would be such a big help- and yes I don't want to beg. I actually only see mum at best once a fortnight. I try to ask and drop not so subtle hints.
    Another thing is mum is going to look after my girls when I return to work 2 days a week so I feel I am unable to ever ask her for anything else now.
    Dh is actually taking a leave day next week so I can get my haircut- it's been almost a year.

Being on your own is tough. I hope you find a little routine and the time passes quickly xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I wanna know which colour you got!
    got the black cast iron one!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

pointless1  (20-07-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Hugs gingermillie. I too am resentful when I see all these girls on Facebook going to the gym etc and their kids are being looked after by somebody else.
    When we moved we moved 5 minutes away from my parents. Our previous place was down the road from the in laws. It hurts knowing they are so close by probably not doing much when I'm struggling so much and even an hour would be such a big help- and yes I don't want to beg. I actually only see mum at best once a fortnight. I try to ask and drop not so subtle hints.
    Another thing is mum is going to look after my girls when I return to work 2 days a week so I feel I am unable to ever ask her for anything else now.
    Dh is actually taking a leave day next week so I can get my haircut- it's been almost a year.

Being on your own is tough. I hope you find a little routine and the time passes quickly xxxx
    I'm ranting now. I had to ask childcare to take my DD this afternoon as I have a 2hr meeting at work that I don't want to miss. I have to pay a full day fee $93 for this. And my mum bleats about how horrible childcare is making me feel like sh!t but I.have.no.choice they have no vacancies so I had to rely on another kid being off sick. And yes same as you DH has taken 2 days off work in past 12 months for me to get my hair done! I'm actually going in work time on Friday while DD is at childcare.
    I am also going to pay one of the part-timers at childcare to look after DD if I get stuck while DH is away as she does babysitting on the side.
    Since DD came home from hospital we have never had time alone together, not once. We were thinking of going to the cinema and lunch while DD is at childcare next Friday as DH was meant to fly out Saturday but he's now leaving Thursday so no date
    Ok I need to stop my woe is me crap now! But thanks for understanding

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-07-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel so sad for LMS and gingermillie, I wish I was only 5 mins from my children. I help out every time I can, and I even drive an hour or more to get there at times. I can understand if the parents /grandparents are working, but really it is not so hard to just give a hand to your adult kids once in a while. hugs, Marie.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

amyd  (20-07-2016),BubbleGuts  (21-07-2016),gingermillie  (20-07-2016),HeavenBlue  (20-07-2016),JR03  (20-07-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-07-2016),pointless1  (20-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    So frustrating. I'm so jealous of people that have close support.
    I don't even ask for help it's too much trouble requires too much grovelling and OTT gratitude.
    My DH is about to go interstate for 7 weeks straight. I have not one person to help me in that time. Yet as I said my parents live 5 minutes away. They haven't offered to do one thing to help me while he's gone. Hmmmmph.
    if I lived closer to you I'd pop around to help if I possibly could. Really sucks when family refuse to help

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    on the subject of unhelpful mothers, I have reached the end of my tether with mine. After a couple of days hospital admission, my parents according to a court order have to have DS. If it wasn't for the court order DHS have he would have been able to go to one of his friends houses. Now though my mother has gone behind my back to contact DHS to tell them that I am too much of an unreasonable cow to look after him & she isn't willing to come down to care for DS or take me to ECT. So now I'm totally screwed with DHS talking foster care for any time in hospital & then being forced to going back to ECT as an inpatient or residential facility inpatient which would be much longer term. No wonder I can't get past these dark thoughts I'm having with crap like this from her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    got the black cast iron one!
    Nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I feel so sad for LMS and gingermillie, I wish I was only 5 mins from my children. I help out every time I can, and I even drive an hour or more to get there at times. I can understand if the parents /grandparents are working, but really it is not so hard to just give a hand to your adult kids once in a while. hugs, Marie.
    You are such a beautiful person 😊 your kids are lucky to have you!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-07-2016),HeavenBlue  (20-07-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-07-2016),pointless1  (20-07-2016),SuperGranny  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am annoyed with updated bh app. The report button is now where the thanks button was and I almost reported one of @SuperGranny posts by accident!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I am annoyed with updated bh app. The report button is now where the thanks button was and I almost reported one of @SuperGranny posts by accident!
    I don't like the new app update either!!!