Closed Thread
Page 72 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    You haven't tried the picnic block????

It's my favourite!! Oh open it open it!!
    Hahaha!! Just read that out loud to DP...the seal has been broken, he is fumbling in the fridge....

I am chewing and typing ( multi tasking) and the verdict is in...mmm yes, YUMMO!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am hoping DS2 goes back to sleep. He never wakes this early. Feeding has not helped, he is wide awake. I want to go to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sitting at the dentist in tears waiting for my appt. I'm so anxious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Sitting at the dentist in tears waiting for my appt. I'm so anxious
    Big hugs... I hope it went well and is all over and done with. I think everyone is scared of the dentist but mixed with anxiety it's so much harder. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I am quite annoyed with my mums 'advice'.

I was having a bit of a winge and sook because I am so unwell and have been looking after DS who is also unwell. Her tidbit of wisdom? 'When you were little and I was sick, I'd just lock the house, go to bed and let you do whatever you wanted'.

Ummm he's 2 and we live in a two story house. Even if I were to do something so irresponsible, DS would hardly allow is considering I'm not even allowed to go to the toilet alone.

How am I even alive?!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I am quite annoyed with my mums 'advice'.

I was having a bit of a winge and sook because I am so unwell and have been looking after DS who is also unwell. Her tidbit of wisdom? 'When you were little and I was sick, I'd just lock the house, go to bed and let you do whatever you wanted'.

Ummm he's 2 and we live in a two story house. Even if I were to do something so irresponsible, DS would hardly allow is considering I'm not even allowed to go to the toilet alone.

How am I even alive?!
    Feeling you @HeavenBlue. My mum's advice when I'm struggling extends to saying something like "yes I remember what that was like". Ok thanks for that. You live 5 minutes away how about helping instead? Never ever happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs... I hope it went well and is all over and done with. I think everyone is scared of the dentist but mixed with anxiety it's so much harder. Xxx
    Thank you. The dentist and assistant were so kind and lovely and I felt safe and supported.
    Anxiety is horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Feeling you @HeavenBlue. My mum's advice when I'm struggling extends to saying something like "yes I remember what that was like". Ok thanks for that. You live 5 minutes away how about helping instead? Never ever happens
    I thought it was just my mum! I guess she figures that she had no help so I should be able to struggle through too. I highly doubt she had as little help as I do with 3 sisters and friends living nearby and grandparents always willing to take me for weeks at a time. I have no siblings, and all friends have moved away. So frustrating!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-07-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was just my mum! I guess she figures that she had no help so I should be able to struggle through too. I highly doubt she had as little help as I do with 3 sisters and friends living nearby and grandparents always willing to take me for weeks at a time. I have no siblings, and all friends have moved away. So frustrating!
    It's not helpful at all isn't it. My mum and MIL say similar things. Like they put up with it with no help or support, yada yada yada, and back in the day it was harder for them without kids shows, gadgets etc
    I can NEVER complain about lack of sleep to my MIL. SHE always replies with "well your dh woke hourly until he was two."
    Sigh.
    Just give us a friggin hand if you are free please!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (20-07-2016),HeavenBlue  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    It's not helpful at all isn't it. My mum and MIL say similar things. Like they put up with it with no help or support, yada yada yada, and back in the day it was harder for them without kids shows, gadgets etc
    I can NEVER complain about lack of sleep to my MIL. SHE always replies with "well your dh woke hourly until he was two."
    Sigh.
    Just give us a friggin hand if you are free please!
    So frustrating. I'm so jealous of people that have close support.
    I don't even ask for help it's too much trouble requires too much grovelling and OTT gratitude.
    My DH is about to go interstate for 7 weeks straight. I have not one person to help me in that time. Yet as I said my parents live 5 minutes away. They haven't offered to do one thing to help me while he's gone. Hmmmmph.