Closed Thread
Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am dragging myself to the gym this morning. Even if it is a complete mission to get there, and I would rather crawl into a little hole somewhere. With a heater and a hot choc.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

JR03  (04-07-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am not sure wtf is going on with my 3yo. I am assuming its just because he is 3 but man he is being hugh maintenance. And weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am wondering if this is gross, or if it's just me....

I did a big clean on the weekend and had a bucket of used microfibre cloths from cleaning the bathrooms and toilets. Just realized DH has washed them with the kitchen tea towel. Now I just feel like I can't use that tea towel again in the kitchen until I put it through a hot wash because it's covered in toilet germs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post

I did a big clean on the weekend and had a bucket of used microfibre cloths from cleaning the bathrooms and toilets. Just realized DH has washed them with the kitchen tea towel. Now I just feel like I can't use that tea towel again in the kitchen until I put it through a hot wash because it's covered in toilet germs...
    Eeew yes, I'd feel the same!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I will preface this by saying I am not in HR and have not had this happen but I would have *thought* an extention if probation would need to be an official signed document. Provided to the employee? And signed by everyone? (As I would think its like an amendment to the contract?

Regardless sh!tty thing to do.
    From memory I'm sure that this is the case, that there needs to be some written (and I think signed) document extending the probation. It doesn't matter anyway because as long as your employed for more than 6 months, regardless of being on probation, you're still covered by fair work and the reason for dismissal needs to be serious enough to justify the action. If it were based on performance for example, there should be warnings and performance reviews first, serious misconduct doesn't need any prior warning but usually there should be an investigation that includes questioning the employee in question before they can claim this. It doesn't sound like @turquoisecoast husband employer has met these standards.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (04-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope not just you. I would go one step further and just add the kitchen tea towel to the bathroom cleaning rags OR throw it away. No amount of washing would convince me it was suitable for being in the kitchen again 😱

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (04-07-2016),Ngaiz  (04-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yuk! I wash all tea towels separately on a hot wash with added disinfectant.

I don't use washable cloths in the toilet. I just use disinfectant spray and use toilet paper that is then flushed. I also have a separate mop head.

Am I weird?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hanging out until I can put DS down for a nap. He slept through (for the second time ever), but got up at 5:30 (he did that last time, too). Now he's already exhausted and whingy, I'm also exhausted. Cannot wait for nap time. An hour to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am not sure wtf is going on with my 3yo. I am assuming its just because he is 3 but man he is being hugh maintenance. And weird.
    And he has a temp. Explains things. Poor kiddo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sick, grumpy & tired after yet another night of non-sleep. Plus DS is still asleep after being awake until 2am - I know I should wake him up or he won't sleep tonight but I don't want to adult & parent him today & like the peace without him around