Closed Thread
Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disappointed that af has arrived less than 8wks pp despite EBF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not in bed til 7ish but it's just not a good time, it's crazy town as it is at that time and I just need quiet. I had people come over last Saturday night and stay for 5 hours! Go home!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Disappointed that af has arrived less than 8wks pp despite EBF.
    eeep that's crappy! is it your first child or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    @misskittyfantastico, i reckon you and i would be good friends.
    I concur.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    eeep that's crappy! is it your first child or not?
    Second. It returned 6wks pp last time, just after lochia ceased.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @M'LadyEm I think I saw you on the news? I took a screen cap just in case...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467443756.226455.jpg

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (02-07-2016),HearMeRoar  (02-07-2016),JustJaq  (02-07-2016),M'LadyEm  (02-07-2016),Ngaiz  (02-07-2016),smallpotatoes  (02-07-2016),Tiny Dancer  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @M'LadyEm I think I saw you on the news? I took a screen cap just in case...

Attachment 82253
    Ok, who took my photo and used it without my permission!

Also, still haven't eaten. Line at Costco was too long for pizza. I know I'm going out for dinner but I'm hungry now!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

harvs  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    nope.

they pulled him up about 6 weeks ago when his 6m probation had ended and said they're extending it. fine.

he's then told to "be more of a c.nt" (actual words used). this is not his management style at all but he takes it on and tries to adapt his style to be more in line with the employer's.

there is then no follow up or additional feedback provided. any attempts he makes to schedule catch ups with the general manager/HR person are declined or cancelled. the creative director is rarely there and when he is, he's busy in meetings.

so nothing happens. he enrolled in an AIM management course ($1300 out of our own pockets, I said this is an investment in him and the skills will stand him in good stead for any job, not just this role).

last couple of weeks he notices he's been pulled off client work, is "in lockdown" doing internal projects. his team are instructed not to bother him.

he's pretty suss by the point of what the outcome will be and has started networking, looking for work, meeting with people etc.

come Friday, the boss and another director sit him down and say they're letting him go. no paperwork or termination letter. this is apparently coming on Monday. which I think is unfair. he should walk away with an idea of his final pay, entitlements etc.
    he argued and said there'd been no follow up on management's part of the formal review process. he's been given nothing in writing re the extension of probation or any notes on what was expected, how to improve etc. just an email from the GM confirming probation extension and his JD attached. the JD is so airy fairy and was written on the fly before he started. there's no quantifiable deliverables, kpis etc. when he said this to the boss, he was told it was up to him to initiate the catch ups to monitor and review progress.

the whole thing is so unprofessional.

he doesn't care he's been let go as the place was a terrible cultural fit with who he is and his values. as I said above, irrespective of the outcome of the probation extension, he was looking to leave.

our issue is with how unfairly the dismissal has been dealt with. like surely if an employer initiates some kind of performance review process, they have to see it through properly?

I had a similar thing happen to me in a previous job and everything was in writing, you got 3 written warnings etc (I quit before it got that far though as I hated the place). as far as I am aware, you can't just start this process then do nothing then fire the person but blame them for not taking the responsibility to schedule reviews? any meetings he attempted to schedule were cancelled anyway??
    I think you'll find that you're probably right there. They need to follow the process. But - they'll probably argue that since they extended the probation period, that they've got no need to do it. I don't know how that would go under review by fair work. The employer has acted appallingly; sounds like while this is really sucky timing he's probably good to be shot of them though. Your husband would have got more out of the staff than they would have expected if they'd let him do it his way. People usually quit jobs because of bosses (or the other people/culture, it all feeds in together) not because of the job itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I think you'll find that you're probably right there. They need to follow the process. But - they'll probably argue that since they extended the probation period, that they've got no need to do it. I don't know how that would go under review by fair work. The employer has acted appallingly; sounds like while this is really sucky timing he's probably good to be shot of them though. Your husband would have got more out of the staff than they would have expected if they'd let him do it his way. People usually quit jobs because of bosses (or the other people/culture, it all feeds in together) not because of the job itself.
    I will preface this by saying I am not in HR and have not had this happen but I would have *thought* an extention if probation would need to be an official signed document. Provided to the employee? And signed by everyone? (As I would think its like an amendment to the contract?

Regardless sh!tty thing to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @twinklify, the more thorough companies would do it this way. It would make sense to me, too. But, lots of places take emails as the in writing that's all that's needed approach. I know when I extended my mat leave, I called my boss and asked, she cleared it with the branch manager and then she sent me an email with the new return date. That was it. I didn't have to even send her an email, didn't need a form from HR or anything. And they were a big company. I know it's a completely different situation, but I was trying to illustrate the email point.
    They could also argue that since he had continued to work after that email notice of the extension that this was implied agreement.

(I'm also not in HR any more - I did it for a year, and I have no qualifications, but I did have a sound working knowledge of a few pieces of relevant legislation and the NES and relevant award which was enough to get me the job).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (02-07-2016)