Closed Thread
Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Has anyone heard from RAH ? She warrior?
    SheWarrior checked in and said she'd had beautiful little baby girl. she was doing well last I read. I've not seen anything from RAH on here for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Giving a cheap party wig a hair cut for a cos play outfit. I maybe stuffing up bigtime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Has anyone heard from RAH ? She warrior?
    I was wondering about RAH as well. Been ages since she's posted and I miss her posts. Hope she's OK.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I was wondering about RAH as well. Been ages since she's posted and I miss her posts. Hope she's OK.
    Me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    even more tantalizingly, I've just realised I have their social media password as have successfully logged in. can't be too obvious but tempted to change the profile pic (currently their logo) to a picture of a poo. or change the password altogether
    Sorry about your DH ...

You could just make sneaky little edits... a typo here, a typo there... it will just look like mistakes, but make them look really unprofessional *sneaky* 😉

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

pointless1  (02-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry Turq... That is awful. Especially with you on mat leave. He sounds like he'll get work though. Was this a redundancy (if you don't mind me asking)?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sitting up far too late and will more than likely regret it in the morning which it technically is now anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#17

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I'm so sorry Turq... That is awful. Especially with you on mat leave. He sounds like he'll get work though. Was this a redundancy (if you don't mind me asking)?
    nope.

they pulled him up about 6 weeks ago when his 6m probation had ended and said they're extending it. fine.

he's then told to "be more of a c.nt" (actual words used). this is not his management style at all but he takes it on and tries to adapt his style to be more in line with the employer's.

there is then no follow up or additional feedback provided. any attempts he makes to schedule catch ups with the general manager/HR person are declined or cancelled. the creative director is rarely there and when he is, he's busy in meetings.

so nothing happens. he enrolled in an AIM management course ($1300 out of our own pockets, I said this is an investment in him and the skills will stand him in good stead for any job, not just this role).

last couple of weeks he notices he's been pulled off client work, is "in lockdown" doing internal projects. his team are instructed not to bother him.

he's pretty suss by the point of what the outcome will be and has started networking, looking for work, meeting with people etc.

come Friday, the boss and another director sit him down and say they're letting him go. no paperwork or termination letter. this is apparently coming on Monday. which I think is unfair. he should walk away with an idea of his final pay, entitlements etc.
    he argued and said there'd been no follow up on management's part of the formal review process. he's been given nothing in writing re the extension of probation or any notes on what was expected, how to improve etc. just an email from the GM confirming probation extension and his JD attached. the JD is so airy fairy and was written on the fly before he started. there's no quantifiable deliverables, kpis etc. when he said this to the boss, he was told it was up to him to initiate the catch ups to monitor and review progress.

the whole thing is so unprofessional.

he doesn't care he's been let go as the place was a terrible cultural fit with who he is and his values. as I said above, irrespective of the outcome of the probation extension, he was looking to leave.

our issue is with how unfairly the dismissal has been dealt with. like surely if an employer initiates some kind of performance review process, they have to see it through properly?

I had a similar thing happen to me in a previous job and everything was in writing, you got 3 written warnings etc (I quit before it got that far though as I hated the place). as far as I am aware, you can't just start this process then do nothing then fire the person but blame them for not taking the responsibility to schedule reviews? any meetings he attempted to schedule were cancelled anyway??
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 02-07-2016 at 08:50.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hoping they have a sausage sizzle at the local school where I'm due to vote.
    #Idotakepoliticsseriously
    #Ialsojustreallylikesausagesizzlestoothough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I am hoping they have a sausage sizzle at the local school where I'm due to vote.
    #Idotakepoliticsseriously
    #Ialsojustreallylikesausagesizzlestoothough
    You can check here:
    http://www.electionsausagesizzle.com.au

I may have chosen where to vote today based on their options

14. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (02-07-2016)