Closed Thread
Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    just getting out of bed to start the day now (in my defence I know it was after 5am when I finally fell asleep). No idea why neither DS or the dog thought to wake me earlier but I am feeling slightly better after the sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am wondering if it's a bit silly that I'm watching the Half Blood Prince on DVD (missed it on tv last week) so I can watch the Deathly Hallows part 1 when its on tv tonight...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    I feel so bad for you & your DH @turquoisecoast - totally screwed up. Is he in a field where he is likely to be able to find other work in the not too distant future? You have done well to restrain yourself, especially with their unprofessionalism.

I have found fair work completely useless in the past too - can't blame you for having a go when you are trying to get advice from the one place you should be able to.
    thanks.

yeah fair work seem pretty hopeless. what's the point of a help line if they don't help you.

he works in the design field. I'm quite annoyed with his industry, it's made up of creative directors and studio owners who all fancy themselves as precious unique snowflakes.

he's very very good at networking so another job or at least some freelance (contractor) work should be forthcoming.

ok he's got work lined up for Tuesday next week. that's a bit of a relief.

it's just hard as i'm on mat leave right now and we have 4m old ds so I can't just scurry back to work as we need to make daycare arrangements etc.

we have a bit of a safety buffer in terms of savings but I'd prefer not to eat into savings to survive. I guess that's what safety buffers are for though, and if we have to we will.

he feels relieved to not be part of such a nasty environment now and he was planning to leave anyway, he just wanted to find a new job first.

I guess the universe has something else in store for him so we just have to try and stay positive and roll with it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata  (02-07-2016),Marchbundle  (02-07-2016),pointless1  (01-07-2016),sunnygirl79  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wondering if anyone else has kids obsessed with 'Go Jetters'? My DS was obsessed from the first time he saw it - same with his cousin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wanting to put something different on the tv but the dog is engrossed with what is on so I don't want to change it on her

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (01-07-2016),JustJaq  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    I am wanting to put something different on the tv but the dog is engrossed with what is on so I don't want to change it on her
    I haven't cracked a proper smile for a couple of days. This post did it for me though 😂

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (01-07-2016),JustJaq  (02-07-2016),pointless1  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I haven't cracked a proper smile for a couple of days. This post did it for me though ������
    If I wasn't too tech unsavvy to work out how I'd post a photo of her for you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (01-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @turquoisecoast we've done the whole fairwork unfair dismissal thing and had a good result. We didn't get a lot of info from them but did a lot of research ourselves and DH's union also helped the processes a lot. PM me if you want I should still have some info around (we documented everything).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

pointless1  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TableDancer View Post
    @turquoisecoast we've done the whole fairwork unfair dismissal thing and had a good result. We didn't get a lot of info from them but did a lot of research ourselves and DH's union also helped the processes a lot. PM me if you want I should still have some info around (we documented everything).
    thanks, I'll pm you shortly.

dh's industry is not unionized, he has a contract with his former employer.

glad to hear FWA are helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone heard from RAH ? She warrior?