Closed Thread
Page 27 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 1031
  1. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. There are so many mums on here who can support you in your bf journey.

    So many things I want to ask you. How many wet nappies does she have during the day? Are you feeding on demand? Are there any latch issues? Have you tried breastmilk top ups?

    Ultimately as long as your baby is fed that is all that matters. But reach out for support - it is here if you need it.
    Thank you...she usually has 6-8 wet nappies and 1 poo each day. Yep - feeding on demand - she has initiated her own routines but I'm happy to feed whenever she wants. No latch issues - she's been great at it since birth! I did some expressing in the first few weeks but i haven't for a while now...i guess i should get back into that hey. Hmm. I only lasted 2 months bf my DS and was feeling great about it this time but since the weigh in i just feel like i actually suck!

    She was quite jaundiced so maybe that has not helped her slow weight gains huh?! At what point should i be really worrying? She is still between 15th and 3rd percentile on the growth charts.

  2. #262
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,378
    Thanks
    1,341
    Thanked
    2,813
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am really hanging out for next weeks episode of Wentworth after just watching last nights episode. Why do I have to wait a whole freaking week?!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (30-06-2016)

  4. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,780
    Thanks
    15,188
    Thanked
    11,408
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I am really hanging out for next weeks episode of Wentworth after just watching last nights episode. Why do I have to wait a whole freaking week?!
    I feel this way about Unreal. Ioan gruffudd is supposed to in it accordingly to his instagram.

  5. #264
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,349
    Thanks
    3,180
    Thanked
    1,255
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Thank you...she usually has 6-8 wet nappies and 1 poo each day. Yep - feeding on demand - she has initiated her own routines but I'm happy to feed whenever she wants. No latch issues - she's been great at it since birth! I did some expressing in the first few weeks but i haven't for a while now...i guess i should get back into that hey. Hmm. I only lasted 2 months bf my DS and was feeling great about it this time but since the weigh in i just feel like i actually suck!

    She was quite jaundiced so maybe that has not helped her slow weight gains huh?! At what point should i be really worrying? She is still between 15th and 3rd percentile on the growth charts.
    Obviously you need to take medical advice - I'm no doctor! But 6-8 wet nappies is great so it doesn't sound like she's not getting enough milk. Still jaundiced is an issue - it can make them sleepy - has your gp/MCHN given you any reasons why she still has jaundice?

    My DS2, almost 4, is not even on the chart for weight and just sits between 5-10th for height so don't get too stressed about that part.

    Breastfeeding is really hard. Start a thread on here so more people can see what's going on and you can give more background - someone might have something that helps!

  6. #265
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks
    1,477
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Thank you...she usually has 6-8 wet nappies and 1 poo each day. Yep - feeding on demand - she has initiated her own routines but I'm happy to feed whenever she wants. No latch issues - she's been great at it since birth! I did some expressing in the first few weeks but i haven't for a while now...i guess i should get back into that hey. Hmm. I only lasted 2 months bf my DS and was feeling great about it this time but since the weigh in i just feel like i actually suck!

    She was quite jaundiced so maybe that has not helped her slow weight gains huh?! At what point should i be really worrying? She is still between 15th and 3rd percentile on the growth charts.
    My DS is only just above the 3rd percentile for weight, always has been as dar as I remember. I can't remember what he was in comparison to birth around 12 months, but he just isn't a big baby. I kept trying to feed him up but he just wasn't going to put on the weight. Your DD might just be a slight little thing. They told me they would only worry if he wasn't tracking. Don't stress. 😊

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (29-06-2016),Its Me  (29-06-2016)

  8. #266
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Obviously you need to take medical advice - I'm no doctor! But 6-8 wet nappies is great so it doesn't sound like she's not getting enough milk. Still jaundiced is an issue - it can make them sleepy - has your gp/MCHN given you any reasons why she still has jaundice?

    My DS2, almost 4, is not even on the chart for weight and just sits between 5-10th for height so don't get too stressed about that part.

    Breastfeeding is really hard. Start a thread on here so more people can see what's going on and you can give more background - someone might have something that helps!
    Oh no. She is not jaundiced anymore...she's a delicious little pink thing now!! 😆

    Thanks so much for your advice and reassuring...means a lot!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (29-06-2016)

  10. #267
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    My DS is only just above the 3rd percentile for weight, always has been as dar as I remember. I can't remember what he was in comparison to birth around 12 months, but he just isn't a big baby. I kept trying to feed him up but he just wasn't going to put on the weight. Your DD might just be a slight little thing. They told me they would only worry if he wasn't tracking. Don't stress. 😊
    It's so different having a little girl too...compared to my big bruiser boy! Haha Thanks for the reassurance...appreciate it!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

    Tiny Dancer  (29-06-2016)

  12. #268
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    5,657
    Thanks
    6,668
    Thanked
    3,044
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    Completely submerged under the doona, head too, trying to get warm!!
    This was me last night too!

  13. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked
    42
    Reviews
    0
    Feeling lonely today. I invited 4 families for a play date at the park and not one can make it.

  14. #270
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks
    1,477
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mint80 View Post
    Feeling lonely today. I invited 4 families for a play date at the park and not one can make it.
    Hugs xx

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    mint80  (30-06-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hire For Baby Perth
New RETAIL store - Perth Hire For Baby Perth
Here at Hire for Baby, we offer a wide range of products from Child Restraints to Strollers, Stroller Accessories and Oricom Baby Monitors. Wholesale prices - till the stock ends. Buy from us and get the installation for FREE.
Like us on Facebook and get $10 OFF
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!