Closed Thread
Page 27 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. There are so many mums on here who can support you in your bf journey.

So many things I want to ask you. How many wet nappies does she have during the day? Are you feeding on demand? Are there any latch issues? Have you tried breastmilk top ups?

Ultimately as long as your baby is fed that is all that matters. But reach out for support - it is here if you need it.
    Thank you...she usually has 6-8 wet nappies and 1 poo each day. Yep - feeding on demand - she has initiated her own routines but I'm happy to feed whenever she wants. No latch issues - she's been great at it since birth! I did some expressing in the first few weeks but i haven't for a while now...i guess i should get back into that hey. Hmm. I only lasted 2 months bf my DS and was feeling great about it this time but since the weigh in i just feel like i actually suck!

She was quite jaundiced so maybe that has not helped her slow weight gains huh?! At what point should i be really worrying? She is still between 15th and 3rd percentile on the growth charts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am really hanging out for next weeks episode of Wentworth after just watching last nights episode. Why do I have to wait a whole freaking week?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I am really hanging out for next weeks episode of Wentworth after just watching last nights episode. Why do I have to wait a whole freaking week?!
    I feel this way about Unreal. Ioan gruffudd is supposed to in it accordingly to his instagram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Thank you...she usually has 6-8 wet nappies and 1 poo each day. Yep - feeding on demand - she has initiated her own routines but I'm happy to feed whenever she wants. No latch issues - she's been great at it since birth! I did some expressing in the first few weeks but i haven't for a while now...i guess i should get back into that hey. Hmm. I only lasted 2 months bf my DS and was feeling great about it this time but since the weigh in i just feel like i actually suck!

She was quite jaundiced so maybe that has not helped her slow weight gains huh?! At what point should i be really worrying? She is still between 15th and 3rd percentile on the growth charts.
    Obviously you need to take medical advice - I'm no doctor! But 6-8 wet nappies is great so it doesn't sound like she's not getting enough milk. Still jaundiced is an issue - it can make them sleepy - has your gp/MCHN given you any reasons why she still has jaundice?

My DS2, almost 4, is not even on the chart for weight and just sits between 5-10th for height so don't get too stressed about that part.

Breastfeeding is really hard. Start a thread on here so more people can see what's going on and you can give more background - someone might have something that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post

My DS is only just above the 3rd percentile for weight, always has been as dar as I remember. I can't remember what he was in comparison to birth around 12 months, but he just isn't a big baby. I kept trying to feed him up but he just wasn't going to put on the weight. Your DD might just be a slight little thing. They told me they would only worry if he wasn't tracking. Don't stress. 😊

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-06-2016),Its Me  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Obviously you need to take medical advice - I'm no doctor! But 6-8 wet nappies is great so it doesn't sound like she's not getting enough milk. Still jaundiced is an issue - it can make them sleepy - has your gp/MCHN given you any reasons why she still has jaundice?

My DS2, almost 4, is not even on the chart for weight and just sits between 5-10th for height so don't get too stressed about that part.

Breastfeeding is really hard. Start a thread on here so more people can see what's going on and you can give more background - someone might have something that helps!
    Oh no. She is not jaundiced anymore...she's a delicious little pink thing now!! 😆

Thanks so much for your advice and reassuring...means a lot!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    My DS is only just above the 3rd percentile for weight, always has been as dar as I remember. I can't remember what he was in comparison to birth around 12 months, but he just isn't a big baby. I kept trying to feed him up but he just wasn't going to put on the weight. Your DD might just be a slight little thing. They told me they would only worry if he wasn't tracking. Don't stress. 😊
    It's so different having a little girl too...compared to my big bruiser boy! Haha Thanks for the reassurance...appreciate it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    Completely submerged under the doona, head too, trying to get warm!!
    This was me last night too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling lonely today. I invited 4 families for a play date at the park and not one can make it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mint80 View Post
    Feeling lonely today. I invited 4 families for a play date at the park and not one can make it.
    Hugs xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

mint80  (30-06-2016)