Closed Thread
Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    crap I've just been reminded that it's the last day of term for DS today which means I should have left 15 mins ago to pick him up for early finish - oops.

Today I'm sad & grumpy as ECT is being moved back to weekly instead of fortnightly (meaning that I have to put up with my mother for 2 days each week). We also talked about maintenance & it looks like it is going to be a 12 month course of ECT - according to my psych today the average number of ECT sessions people have is 8 - so far I've had 15 with no end in sight. On the plus side I am now seeing the consultant psych & I really like him - he also trained under the man who diagnosed my mum with DID many moons ago so we had an interesting discussion about him too
    I am going to be corny. Feel free to eye roll and internet b**** slap me

You are not average. You are extraordinary. You do not have to worry about what other people have done - you are doing what helps YOU. It does not matter how long it will take or how often it happens. You will be the person who comes out the other side doing what you needed to do to feel better and be here with us.

Having a good relationship with your psych is so so important. Hope they give you the support you need to get through this one moment at a time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#17

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I am shocked Britain voted to exit the EU. What a disaster.
    I'm in shock too, I never really thought they would vote to leave. We were there a couple of weeks ago and truly the reason the people wanted to leave that we spoke to was terrible - it is based a lot on racism from the older generations, our age wanted to stay in. I just don't think this is going to be in their best interests

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default I am.....#17

Happy - DS just started school holidays ! 24 days off! ( which for me means sleeping in and not getting up so early for school drop offs and no ironing his uniforms!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am shocked Britain voted to exit the EU. What a disaster.
    Agree. Can't get my head around it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree. Nothing has to happen immediately which is part of the problem. This is going to get acrimonious. No one will invest in the UK until the position is resolved.

I know many don't see it this way but this is largely brought about by racism and fear.
    The flow on effects have already started too. Far right parties in both France and the Netherlands are now publicly calling for their own votes to leave the EU too. The nationalism (borderline fascism) of it all is scary.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#17

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I did not think that it would go that way. A little naive of me.

Next thing - Trump will get in. The beginning of the end?
    I know.

I'm bracing myself for a president trump, as shocking as that will probably be.
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 24-06-2016 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    The flow on effects have already started too. Far right parties in both France and the Netherlands are now publicly calling for their own votes to leave the EU too. The nationalism (borderline fascism) of it all is scary.
    God I hate nationalism / racism. It is just so utterly stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I know.

I'm bracing myself for a president trump, as shocking as that will probably be.

What a waste of space he is!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am watching planes (yaaaaaaawn). How can a plane be scared of heights?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out that DS has been nominated for both cricket rep squad & a tour of England. I don't want to but he is desperate to (means both time & money that I don't want to think about). Here was me thinking baseball reps would be all we'd have to worry about this year as he is the inbetween year for cricket.