+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy bag opinions please

Question to mums out there, what did you love/dislike about your nappy bag? Side pockets vs front pockets? Zip closure vs magnetic closure? Long strap vs short strap? Medium vs large?

I'm looking at getting one from America, my brother lives there so can send it over - they just have so many more to choose from at much better prices than Australia and lots of sales. Have read reviews and am thinking the Hip Cub weekender tote is the best of everything and it's on sale at the moment for the same as most cheaper nappy bags in Australia, but hoping for some feedback on other's experiences first.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hated that my nappy bag was so big and bulky. And it isn't even as big as a lot that I've seen but I hate feeling bogged down! So much so that I don't use it anymore. I just have a change clutch with a couple of nappies and some wipes, and a spare onesie in my handbag (which is a biggish tote from fossil). I barely ever use my pram for the same reason haha. I like to travel light!

But - my nappy bag has a magnetic closure which I do like, a long strap which I did not like, two outside pockets that can't hold much which didn't bother me but it did have a few compartments inside. It's an oroton one which is a few years old now, not sure how it compares to whatever they have available now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Belter  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a Hop Skip nappy bag (satchel style) and love it. It's big enough for all the essentials (a lot with a newborn), has both a long shoulder strap, short handles and a nifty little clip off the shoulder straps to attach it to pram handles without it hanging down low etc. I love that it has a few external pockets (for quick-finds like dummies, keys etc), a designated easy to access phone pocket, and zipped wallet area separate from the main 'bag' compartment.

I ummed and ahhed for ages before buying one but so glad that I did, it's been really handy and easy to use and fits so much without being too bulky.

And it's not too girly for DH too 😉

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1466292917.628980.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Belter  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had one for DD1 but didn't use one for my other 3 kids. I just used a crumpler as I didn't like nappy bags. Couldn't see the point.

If I was to buy one and splash out I would get a Storksak. The messenger one. But my crumpler did all that and I could use it later for non kid related things.

Personally I think nappy bags are often first child purchases and once you have a few you find you don't use them.

Having said that I'm sure many will disagree and say they love theirs. Just my view. I'd rather spend my money on other things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had two and never used them. Much preferred using one of my much more stylish, large handbags with a nappy wallet and spare change of clothes in a ziplock bag. Now DD is a big bigger I also chuck her water bottle and a little plastic container of snacks in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have an isoki Madame Polly bag in kelly green. it's fab because it's huge but I find it too bulky to lug around. it fits everything but then you're stuck carrying a small suitcase. it doesn't look like a nappy bag though, so once ds is older and outgrows it, I'll just use it as a carry on luggage for myself for air travel.

they're quite pricey in the shops from what I've seen, I managed to snap mine up for $50 at a baby expo. fab bargain right there.

it's quite a chic looking bag (I wasn't into the kiddy looking stuff with moronic animal prints etc), someone thought it was a coach bag lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I have a Hop Skip nappy bag (satchel style) and love it. It's big enough for all the essentials (a lot with a newborn), has both a long shoulder strap, short handles and a nifty little clip off the shoulder straps to attach it to pram handles without it hanging down low etc. I love that it has a few external pockets (for quick-finds like dummies, keys etc), a designated easy to access phone pocket, and zipped wallet area separate from the main 'bag' compartment.

I ummed and ahhed for ages before buying one but so glad that I did, it's been really handy and easy to use and fits so much without being too bulky.

And it's not too girly for DH too 😉

Attachment 81994
    This is second on my list but a slightly different version, only concern is some people saying that once you fill the inside the outside pockets don't hold much and vice versa. But in terms of being mid-size it's got good reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started off with an oversized tote thinking I could get away with not having a nappy bag.
    Then a friend gave me one that was sitting around her house brand new for 7 years! (Her youngest is 7!!!)
    Anyway for me it has been life changing!!!
    Wouldn't have a clue of the brand. However it has straps so I can hang it off the pram - so much easier to find stuff instead of digging in a large bag at the bottom of the pram!
    I can wear it across my body like a mail bag - which makes bringing it and a capsule into the house at the same time a breeze.
    It has a little pouch hanging on the side for your keys so you don't have dig around the bottom of a big bag to find them!
    Has enough zips and pouches for change of clothes, change clutch with 4 nappies and wipes, I carry a cloth nappy always, my drink bottle, wallet phone etc
    And it's not overly big!
    It has magnetic front flap. And a rear pocket that has a button clasp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for your input, so here's the one that's top of my list.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Do you think this is too big and bulky? It looks soft like if it's not too full I can squish it into the pram basket, rather than a messenger style bag which is a fixed shape. But it has pram straps as well.

I feel that it will make an awesome beach bag too and I think I'll get years of use out of it.
    Last edited by MrsVZ; 19-06-2016 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a nappy bag for my first. I lasted a couple months using it then unpacked put it in the cupboard never used again. This time round my mum has bought a funky handbag with Parisian features on it. Has enough space for what I need plus my wallet keys and phone ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1466299258.459622.jpg