+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Phenergen vs Vallergan

My DS is 2.5 and suffers from really itchy eczema. The Dr prescribed phenergen to calm the rash and stop him itching at night but it lights him up rather than giving him the drowsy effect. Along with that being hyper makes him hot and itchy.

He said try Vallergan but I'm scared it will have the same effect- has anyone had experiences with both?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter has taken vallergan forte for 2 years (since just after 1 years old) for sleep not eczema.
    That said...since she took it we've not had a flare up of eczema which we did as a baby.
    Anywho. .. yes. Vallergan forte. It's stronger. They can build tolerance to it (she no longer takes it for this reason)... but it did make her sleepy.
    I'm not sure about Phenergan. But vallergan is more effective for sleep.
    Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Posting Permissions