+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    At a family function in October last year I watched Dd (18m at the time) be pinned on the ground and have her face mauled by a dog. It lasted about 3 seconds but felt like a lifetime. I have never moved so fast! I feel immense guilt at letting her get into that situation everytime I look at her scars. I'm glad she was too young to remember and isn't scared of dogs.
    omg that is so scary. you poor thing. was it a large/aggressive dog? a dog attack is high on my list of phobias and I'm constantly terrified it'll happen when I'm out walking with ds in his pram. it's become quite a thing for me actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Watching my five year old daughter die from an asthma attack. It'll haunt and traumatize me until the day I hold her in my arms again.
    I'm so sorry xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    omg that is so scary. you poor thing. was it a large/aggressive dog? a dog attack is high on my list of phobias and I'm constantly terrified it'll happen when I'm out walking with ds in his pram. it's become quite a thing for me actually.
    He was a beautiful family pet, a husky. He was one of the most gentle and patient dogs we had ever met and great around large groups of people. It was not in his nature to do something like that (I guess he is a dog afterall though) and he had been unwell. They took him to the vet and he was very unwell and riddled with arthritis. We didn't want him put down but his family decided it was best for him to end his suffering.
    @siansmum xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siansmum I am so very sorry you lost your precious daughter.

Mine is nothing compared to some of these stories. But my son had planned surgery last year. The scariest moment and hardest thing I've done as a parent was seeing the look of horror on his face and his eyes go blood shot as I held the mask as he was gassed to sleep. It was horrendous. Then having to lay him down on the table and leave him there, knowing what they had to do...
    General anaesthetic, cutting, laser....I broke down and cried the entire 1.5 hrs. It haunted me for a while afterwards.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was at the check out in Aldi and realized we need a trolley. So DH went off to get one with DS following him. I thought he knew DS was coming with him. Moments later Dh came back with a trolley and when i asked where is Ds, he looked horrified. We didn't care for all the shopping which was already on the belt, ran out of Aldi screaming his name. Luckily we were able to find him just outside Aldi, but that moment was horrifying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I was pregnant with DS (28 weeks) and one morning I felt a hot/liquid sensation 'down there' - ran to the bathroom and turned on the light and blood was gushing down my legs and pooling on the floor. It was horrifying.

How I somehow kept my composure was beyond me. It was like I wouldn't allow myself to think the worst could be happening. Thank goodness that wasn't the end for my pregnancy, though he did have to be delivered a couple of weeks later (scary stuff again!).
    @siansmum you have survived every parent's worst nightmare. I still remember your thread when you first lost Sian. My heart breaks for you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your scary moment story

There are two really scary moments in my life- thank goodness neither of them involve my kids. I still struggle to talk about being followed from a train station 10 years on- truly truly terrifying and I still think a lot about what ifs if a taxi hadn't of come along when it did, I'll leave that one without going into the details.

One that is easier to share is when I first moved out of home and it was late and I had just gone to bed and I heard someone break into the house through the bathroom. I was home alone as my two housemates were staying at their partners. I ran and grabbed a knife from the kitchen and was shaking like a leaf but it turns out it was my drunk housemate who'd had a fight with his girlfriend and had stormed off without his keys. He had not realised I was home. I needed a big drink and didn't sleep that night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my DD (3 1/2) and DS1 (21 months) upstairs with me (I was heavily pregnant with DS2) while I was setting up DS1s big boy bed. I had a child gate at the bottom of the stairs that I believed was closed, so I really wasn't paying to much attention to what the kids were doing as I thought they were securely locked upstairs with me. After about 30 mins of putting the bed together I heard my DD say "Lewis is on the road Mummy" to which I laughed as I thought tmshe was being silly. We lived on a corner block with a round about just outside our place. DD said it again. So I went over to the rumpus room window and looked down and saw my son running up the road. A road that people and trucks hoon up and down as they use it as a cut through to the main road. My heart literally stopped. The little bugger had manages to open the security gate (it mustn't have been secured properly), go to the back door and unlock it (the key was left in the lock, something I normally never do), and then he walked out the back gate that my FIL had accidentally left open after mowing our lawns earlier in the day. It was the perfect storm really. I flew down the stairs and out the front door and by the time I got to him the neighbors kids had seen him and got him off the road. I was so grateful to them I bought them shopping vouchers. We were so incredibly lucky. I cried for weeks, oh what could have been. Worst moment of my life basically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    It was a Monday and I was due to have DD on the Friday via caesarean. I'd been downtown getting hair cuts for the boys and myself and we'd had lunch with my Aunty. I was exhausted so the boys and I came around to see Poppy so I could have a rest. I lay down and then realised that I hadn't felt DD move all day. I got up and got a sweet, cold drink and lay back down for fifteen minutes. Still nothing so I called my ob and was told to come up and get on the CTG monitor. I probably waited in the waiting room for half an hour before going through to the treatment room with the midwife. She hooked me up and there was the glorious heartbeat. There were still no movements so the midwife got me a sweet cup of tea and a biscuit and left me rest with the monitor still on. She came and checked on me every 5-10 minutes and there was no change. She then went off to do a consult and that's when the heart rate just plummeted. I was frozen, I couldn't scream, couldn't get up.... I just lay there shaking. She eventually came back in, saw the print out and went and got my ob out of his consult. The ob had a quick look and sent me straight across the road to the hospital and DD was delivered under an hour later. The cord was wrapped around her neck three times. She was fine though until we were back in our room and she just turned purple. I always thought when people say that babies turn purple, it was just a saying, but she really did go the most amazing shade of purple. They took her off to special care for the night and she was completely fine. Almost seven years later and I can still remember the fear of that day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your scary moment story

Wow some of these give me chills and some bring a tear to my eye!

Just after my DS1 had turned 1, my parents had been over visiting and had pulled up onto the verge. We went outside to say goodbye and left the front door open with DS1 still inside playing and at that stage he was only crawling and not a speed crawl by any means so I thought he would be fine for a minute while we said goodbye. Anyway we walked back inside and I just sensed that he wasn't in the house ... It was too quiet so I ran around looking for him and told my hubby to go have a look out the front ... He had crawled into the middle of our street and our neighbours had turned the corner into the street and seen him there. Thank God it was them and not someone else as it was near a corner where some people used to go really fast. I was in tears and couldn't stop thinking what if ... Esp as my parents wouldn't have seen him when they pulling away...
    Our car had been parked in the driveway so he must've crawled down one side of the car as we were walking up and we just didn't see him