+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When Ds2 was 2.5/3yrs I stupidly gave him a raspberry shaped Starbursts lolly forgetting that he doesn't chew lollies properly, I was on the phone (on hold) so trying to distract him. Anyway the next thing I know he's pointing inside his wide open mouth indicating that it's stuck, I looked in his mouth and couldn't see it (mind you I was in such shock I still have the phone to my ear). Ds then leant forward and gagged it up, I don't remember how or what I said / did, it's all a blur. I'm shivering just thinking about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When dd1 was about 2 and I was pregnant and on holidays with the inlaws we were all in a cafe in a shopping centre. There was kids toys near the door and she sat with her grandparents. She's always been a runner and they all think I'm overbearing mum but I warned them to watch she didn't run. I wasn't beside her. She did run. She ran out the door and straight into the car park in front of a car. I caught her as the car stopped. It was only the slow moving car in busy carpark that saved her.
    Thinking about it I wonder if this is why I still don't like to leave my kids with anyone???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Watching my five year old daughter die from an asthma attack. It'll haunt and traumatize me until the day I hold her in my arms again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh siansmum. I'm so sorry . Big ❤️ to you .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are two that come to mind..

1) my mum died when was 12. I had been told she was dying for about a year before it happened, but I guess she kept defying the odds and some part of me didn't really think it would happen. Then one night I was lying in bed listening to the rain and somehow it hit me.. It felt like the ground came out from under me. My dad was spending the night in the hospice with mum and my grandma was with us but didn't drive. It was midnight and I was contemplating running to the hospice myself, but wasn't convinced I knew the way. I'm not sure what made me realise it that night. Its something I often wonder. She died the next morning.

2) my dad was flying back from Europe when the Malaysian airlines plane was shot down. He was in the air when it happened, but none of my siblings were sure where he had left from. We only knew that he had been in the netherlands in the days before flying back. Thankfully he had flown out from the UK, but that was a very anxious wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Watching my five year old daughter die from an asthma attack. It'll haunt and traumatize me until the day I hold her in my arms again.
    I can't even imagine Horrific

For me, the five days between DD having a CT scan of her head, and the actual cancer diagnosis, were the scariest time of my life so far. Knowing there was something there, but not knowing what it was....terrifying. Naively I hadn't even considered cancer until they wrote 'Onc' (oncology) on her room card under 'Treatment Team'. It's weird how I hadn't realised it could be cancer. But I think it was because the tumour was in her sphenoid sinus...or maybe cancer was just too unbelievable. That happens to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your scary moment story

Last edited by yadot; 19-07-2016 at 22:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Horrific. I'm so sorry. You must be incredibly strong

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yadot For This Useful Post:

MilkyMama  (19-06-2016),siansmum  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our laundry on fire after our faulty dryer went up in flames. Trying desperately to put it out, gaining gasps of breath through the small window.

I wouldn't be able to cope losing a child, mother or anyone. Dad recently given six months, I can't even comprehend that, let alone deal with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The time I was in my ensuite, and my then 2yo was in my room just potting around. Next thing there is a massive crash and I run into the room. There was a tallboy at the end of my bed, stupidly unsecured. It was a massive heavy one and had a telly on top of it. He had pulled all the draws out which caused it to topple over. It was going to go over straight on top of him (and with its weight, there is really only one likely result of that) it was only by sheer luck that our room was short and the tallboy hit the foot of the bed before it hit DS. As it was, he was hit in the head by one of the drawers. I cried for a very long time after that.

When my youngest was a few weeks old, vomiting horrifically every single feed and losing about 100gm every 3 days. No wet or dirty nappies for days. Then having to fast an already starving child for tests. Then watching them take him away for surgery. He had pyloric stenosis. After he recovered, he also ended up with quite bad reflux.
    He is coming up to his second birthday in 2 weeks and he can still fit size 0 clothes despite being born at 9lb, so it's clearly affected his size.

A random anxiety attack while I was pregnant with my 3rd. We were on holidays in Tassie and we were at a secluded little playground somewhere and hubby suggested I stay there with our two boys to play while he went and got petrol and lunch. I got it in my head that we were going to die, or at least I was going to die and they would be left alone. Various other families arrived but we're just sticking to themselves. This made me panic so much more. By the time hubby came back, I was curled up on the ground, holding the two kids, in a crying mess (hidden from view/the other families). No idea where it came from or why it happened but it was terrifying.

Miss3 had/has sleeping problems but she was so exhausted once she just passed out while sitting on a bench and hit the floor. She went on melatonin after that.

Mr4 is autistic and absconds frequently. I have lost him in shops quite a few times. Miss3 is a runner, have had to catch her on the road a handful of times. Lucky no close calls.

And one not relating to children. It was not long after I had my eldest and I was back at work. I was doing something with one of the machines. Not anything out of the ordinary, was something I did several times a shift. And I'm not sure what happened but something went wrong with wiring somewhere and as soon as I touched the metal casing, I just dropped to the ground (what a colleague told me). I was out cold on the floor for a few minutes before I came back and then started vomiting. Ended up in hospital for a few hours but I felt horrible for a long time. My heart rate was all over the shop for days. Now I am petrified of anything electrical, even stuff like putting jumper cables on the car.

I'm so sorry for your loss @siansmum.