+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Your scary moment story

Well I saw snake the other day which is unusual this time of year. Anyhow it reminded me of one of scariest days. The day ds3 was bitten by a eastern brown. I just can't seem to get it out of my head. I did all the wrong things, like driving to hospital myself. I didn't wrap it but it was in a spot that couldn't be wrapped. The nurses tried but couldn't do it either. That 12 hours was so terrifying. With each clear blood test it got a little lest terrifying.
    The only good thing I did was to take a pic of the bite site straight away. The trainee doctors found that helpful.

I should add this was 18 maths ago. So I don't know why it's bothering me now.

Anyone want to share a scary moment/day with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My two scary moments..first my 2yo DS was running, playing silly in the house, he stood on a loose piece of fabric on the floor and his feet went out from under him and he slipped over backwards, cracking the back of his head on the floor. I was literally sitting 1m away and he had a seizure right on front of me. I'm a nurse and seen plenty, but it scared the absolute cr*p out of me. He came round fairly quick and I bundled him in the car to the hospital and he was fine. ..but totally terrifying.
    2nd one was my DS was in the shopping trolley, about 18mths old. I'd turned my back and he'd stood in the seat, as I turned I saw him fall, head first towards the cement floor of the fruit market I was at. He had no belt as ut was broken. I caught him with one hand by the ankle, forehead about 2 inches from the floor. 2 inches from a cracked head. I was so shaken I had to go sit down for a bit! Super tight seat belt from then on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last weekend I got up early and noticed my 5 y/o's bedroom door was open (she always sleeps with it shut). I looked in and saw her blankets on the floor so I went to put them on her and realised she wasn't in bed. I checked her sisters room thinking she might have climbed in with her but she wasn't there either. I then checked the toilet and bathroom but couldn't find her. I screamed and ran as fast as I could back to my room and yelled at my DH " Miss 5 is not in her bed. Oh my god, I cant find her". He sat bolt upright and screamed "what". Then less than one second later he said "she slept at your Mum's last night". Then he laid down and promptly went back to sleep. I on the other hand had diarrhea and a racing heart for the next hour. I had totally forgotten she had gone to my Mum's house the night before and panicked big time, I honestly thought she had been kidnapped. It was awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Well I saw snake the other day which is unusual this time of year. Anyhow it reminded me of one of scariest days. The day ds3 was bitten by a eastern brown. I just can't seem to get it out of my head. I did all the wrong things, like driving to hospital myself. I didn't wrap it but it was in a spot that couldn't be wrapped. The nurses tried but couldn't do it either. That 12 hours was so terrifying. With each clear blood test it got a little lest terrifying.
    The only good thing I did was to take a pic of the bite site straight away. The trainee doctors found that helpful.

Triggers for traumatic events can happen at any time and surprise you. It makes you feel like you're reliving either parts or the whole event. Perhaps seeing the snake was enough to rouse the emotions again? I hope you are ok x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post

Huge hugs. All my scary moments still sometimes resurface without warning or with the smallest trigger (Someone was flown out of our town today after a car accident and I went straight back to my perforated bowel and being flown out and all the rest that followed.)
    Trauma is awful and I hope you're doing ok. So grateful that your beautiful boy is well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't read these, completely stress me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One day DD (3) was outside playing, my dad was outside with her, me (heavily pregnant) and DH inside. My dad got distracted and DD went out the open front gate dad had left open and walked down the street. We didnt notice and was searching everywhere. DH ran down the street and found her, someone had her riding in a pram bringing her home.

Another time she walked out behind a car that was starting to reverse. My heart stopped.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I am very lucky to have had almost no genuinely scary moments given how phobic I am, but there are two that come to mind. One is when I was pregnant and in class - I was trying to give instructions and it felt like I was stuck. I just was totally unable to talk. I knew what I wanted to say but no words came out. I ended up being choppered to Adelaide in case I was having a stroke. The whole thing was terrifying.

The other time, and I know this is awful, was when we were in Paris in 2010. It was around October, and it was all over the news that there were 'credible threats' that a terrorist attack in Paris was imminent. I'm terrified of terrorism anyway (ironic), and we were on the metro, which we'd been told to avoid, and this man who was sat near us was speaking on his phone and then pulled another out of his pocket. I was convinced he was about to set off a bomb. My life literally flashed before my eyes and I started shaking and practically begged FOB to get off the train at the next stop. Afterwards I felt horribly racist and like I had stereotyped, but it was the second phone that did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    19 years ago little miss 5 months old decided to hold her breath and pass out .. I freaked out !! Turns out it was her way of having a tantrum. She continued doing it until she was 2.. I was told by pead to ignore her and her brain would tell her to breathe ... She would do it all the time .. Drove me insane

Thanks
    Reviews
    At a family function in October last year I watched Dd (18m at the time) be pinned on the ground and have her face mauled by a dog. It lasted about 3 seconds but felt like a lifetime. I have never moved so fast! I feel immense guilt at letting her get into that situation everytime I look at her scars. I'm glad she was too young to remember and isn't scared of dogs.