Gold Coast with a 5.5 year old | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gold Coast with a 5.5 year old

Hi ladies,

My father and I are taking little man to the Gold Coast for 5 nights during the holidays. I haven't been there before so after suggestions of what is worth doing/seeing. We will be going to Sea World and probably Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary but not too sure what else is worthwhile. Little man isn't really into rides so Dream World and Movie World don't seem terribly exciting. I will also be 31 weeks pregnant at the time. I've seen Exotic Fruit World online and it looks like it might be fun, anyone been? We are staying near Sea World so any suggestions for meals etc in the vicinity are also appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just come back (May) with a four and eight year old.

DS loved the Sea lion show at Seaworld, they also gravitated towards the Nickelodeon section (new).

Movieworld- DS LOVES the Justice League ride, look it up on youtube. Also the street parades is great. Movieworld is not as big, not as much walking.

Waterparks- DD is a water baby, but DS not so much- but they both love them.

Dreamworld- the biggest and most walking park. Lots of characters, but the rides are most adult aimed we find. MY favourite, but not my kids'.

Currumbin- do get to the kangaroos early if you intend to feed them. Please do the Koala photos, they are reasonably priced and our kids loved them. Honey world is also opposite Currumbin.

Ripley's Believe it Or not- is also good, we didn't go this year, but it can be a little pricey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is 9 and he's been there about 6 times i think as we have close family friends up there. He loves all the parks. SeaWorld being No1 as there is the fort at the very back of the complex. As he's gotten older he's gotten adventurous aswell. Running along marine pde opp SeaWorld in Labrador there is a fish n chip shop where you can get a great feed and they also feed the Pelicans at certain times of the day. Wet n wild is good now aswell as they have new section next to the baby pools where they have built small water slides for little kids 10 and under, mine was 7 when we went last and couldn't go on them as he was to tall lol. Lots to do at movie world in the kiddy park aswell.

If the weather is crappy harbourtown is on Gold Coast hwy up the Labrador end with the movies.

Also on marine pde again there is a water park and really cool playgrounds.

We are going up for xmas for 2.5wks. 1 wk in Labrador, 1 wk I cedar lakes (mountains) and 4 nights in Brisbane for nye

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (23-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the ideas! Fingers crossed the weather is decent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi from a local!

Seaworld and currumbin sanctuary will be great with a 5 year old. Tropical fruit world is a great place but don't expect bells and whistles. We've been there a few times and our kids love it.

Burleigh heads beach is stunning and less rat-racey. Head there if you can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (23-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Buy the 3 park movie pass, it works out much cheaper. I bought yearly passes for about $80. They are often on scoopon. Think the multiple births society had a special on recently if you know anyone with twins.

SeaWorld is great, especially the pirate ship with the water shooters. Don't rule out movie world, they have a whole section for kids that age. My kids loved driving the little cars around.

I didn't do dreamworld as it wasn't included in the pass.

We stayed at turtle beach resort which is great for kids that age. Water is a bit cold for swimming though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Tainted  (11-07-2016)