+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to see my gp today to and I'll be getting a full blood check again tomorrow. I thought dr checked coagulation when I was first pregnant but turns out she didn't so she is checking that and thrombosis and some other general stuff? She doesn't want to go testing for anything else yet as I'm seeing the ob again for a follow up visit after 6 weeks so she wants me to wait for his advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you get some answers @Fauvette my heart breaks for you hope you're taking care of yourself xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    Hope you get some answers @Fauvette my heart breaks for you hope you're taking care of yourself xxx
    Thanks @Rachi321. How are you travelling now? Have you started TTC again yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing ok @Fauvette back at trying again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    The main symptom would be my recurrent miscarriages. In all my searches for info about recurrent miscarriage this is the one thing that popped up all the time. The more I researched it, the more convinced I was that I had it. I also had constant headaches, extreme fatigue 24/7, a history of dizziness and fainting.

The way they test is they will do one blood test looking for the clotting disorder, if it comes back positive they will test again 8-12 weeks later to confirm. My first test came back positive, my second came back negative but my GP explained that APS can be dormant or at such a low level that it would come back negative but would still cause issues. Pregnancy is also a trigger. GP agreed that I could start taking low dose aspirin as it causes no harm and voila, it's seems to have worked so far. Now I'm just waiting on the hospital to see how I will be managed. If you are diagnosed with APS you'll be recommended to start low dose aspirin or warfarin/heparin injections and your pregnancies will be managed as high risk. The good thing is, once managed the success rate for a live birth is great!
    I had bloods done last week and got the results today and everything is perfectly fine. I am happy that I don't have any health issues, but I'm disappointed that I don't have any answers...