+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Portable oven suggestions

Has anyone used one of those portable ovens?? Are they near to as good as general ones?
    Just moved into a place with no oven...hubby came to view the place alone and i just assumed there would be one already! So annoyed with myself .. 😡
    Brand suggestions would be appreciated to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a benchtop "pizza" oven when i lived in a small unit with no real ovrn and I loved it. Wish i still had it. I'm pretty sure it was a Sunbeam one from Big W about $100.
    It was small mind you, but i did cakes, small roasts etc no problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoghurt For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried a cheaper kmart glass bowl style convection oven also and it literally blew up on me. Maybe i was unlucky but im scared of them now

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoghurt For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a small one when I first moved out of home, but I don't think they would be big enough for a family unless they have increased in size!

If you have the $$, look at convection microwaves. We have one and I prefer it to my oven as it cooks evenly every single time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a panasonic convection microwave. Its now about 15 years old. In oven mode it actually cooks beautifully, much more evenly than any rental oven. I would use it more often but the top gets really hot when in convection mode so I CBF moving all the clutter that lives there off.

It is as wide/deep as my oven but obviously only 1 shelf high. Its what I consider a good investment as it doesn't take up extra space and always handy when the oven breaks/gas out/catering for large numbers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks a lot for all your replies ! Really appreciate it 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have a kmart one now but have had copperart ones before. It has the 2 hot plates on top. I don't use them but they seem to be what works best for me. I have had 3 over 10 years. So they don't last but they are a good size. Almost as big as a real oven. They aren't as good the real thing but they do the job.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (18-06-2016),Stretched  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I have a kmart one now but have had copperart ones before. It has the 2 hot plates on top. I don't use them but they seem to be what works best for me. I have had 3 over 10 years. So they don't last but they are a good size. Almost as big as a real oven. They aren't as good the real thing but they do the job.
    A house for sale we looked at had one of these with a family living there. They're a lot bigger than the "toaster oven" type ones. OP, loveliveshere also uses her slow cooker a lot to do things you might use an oven for (roasts, scrolls/puddings etc). [Sorry, stalker much? Just always interested in how she feeds so many without a real 'kitchen'.]

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-06-2016),OS&N  (18-06-2016)