+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to choose an OB: Dr. Morris, Dr. Burton or Dr. Hartman

ladies,

So I am on my first IVF cycle right now and got the egg transplanted today. Keeping my fingers crossed. The pregnancy test will happen in 2 weeks.

As much as I didn't really want to think about OBs at this stage, I just can't avoid it.

Based on the research thus far I prefer Mater and have selected 3 doctors: Dr. Stephen Morris, Dr. Gil Burton and Dr. Keith Hartman. I have already received a fee schedule for all 3 of them and I am ok with those fees.

Which one of these doctors would you recommend? I am not sure about the rules around discussing individual providers - so maybe you can PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Trying to choose an OB: Dr. Morris, Dr. Burton or Dr. Hartman

Quote Originally Posted by london82 View Post
    ladies,

So I am on my first IVF cycle right now and got the egg transplanted today. Keeping my fingers crossed. The pregnancy test will happen in 2 weeks.

As much as I didn't really want to think about OBs at this stage, I just can't avoid it.

Based on the research thus far I prefer Mater and have selected 3 doctors: Dr. Stephen Morris, Dr. Gil Burton and Dr. Keith Hartman. I have already received a fee schedule for all 3 of them and I am ok with those fees.

Which one of these doctors would you recommend? I am not sure about the rules around discussing individual providers - so maybe you can PM me.
    Good luck with your transfer! I would wait until you have a confirmed pregnancy before trying to decide on an OB because the one you choose might not end up being available. So you need to know your EDD first.

I've heard good things about all those obs, so I don't think you can go wrong.

FWIW, I did a tonne of research with my first pregnancy and ended up choosing dr Morris, only to find out he was on annual leave during my EDD. So I had to start my search all over again. Really disappointing. I was very happy with my ob in the end, but just thought this advice might help you avoid similar disappointment.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you witherwings.

any other advice? As of right now we seem to be gravitating towards Dr Hartman or dr. Morris. 2 of our friends have gone with Dr Hartman and highly recommend him. Dr. Morris is in the city and more convenient from where we live (double bay)