+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me about your neighbours. ?

The good. The bad. The wierd.

My neighbors on one side are an elderly couple. But still mobile. The man goes off to work. The woman rarely leaves the house. I always wonder why?

The neighbours on the other side have two little kids. They never ever shut the door. They slam it. I always wonder why?.... every afternoon they load up the kids and the dog and go for a walk. Every day the dog remains leadless and every day the dog takes off. Every day i can hear her calling the dogs name....and i wonder why?.Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol good topic! On one side we have a BnB, we get a mix of guests, some great, some (like tonight) really loud & annoying!
    The other side is an older couple, she looks older than him, they barely speak to us and my DF thinks they stole our cat!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My current neighbours are amazing. The other day I took my 2 yo DD to their place at 5.30am as I had to leave early for work (DH was away). They gave her breakfast and took her to daycare for me. We chat over the fence, but try to give each other space. They have 2 kids.

Neighbours on the other side have 3 kids and chickens. Sometimes we look after the chickens which DD loves. The other day the neighbour had too many limes on her tree, so she made mojitos and was handing them out over the fence.

My neighbourhood is great.

I've had some shockers though. Like the old couple that complained to the cops that we were running a brothel. We also had plenty of disputes about fences and boundaries.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are surrounded by units (we live in a house) so lots of neighbours on each side.
    One lot is a bunch of ladies who like to have drinks and sing country music. One is a shift worker who is rarely home. The other is seasonal workers down stairs and a lady who doesn't like fun upstairs (always yelling at people!). Right now the seasonal workers across the road are having a party so I am waiting on her to start yelling at them. But to be fair I feel like yelling at them also as it's the first night they have been here and it's a party already. All in all I am pretty sure we are the loud ones though - 2 year old and a dog LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are looking to move because of neighbours
    we live in suburbia on an average sized block (650m2 so not tiny but not massive amount of space). Neighbours at the back are great. My definition of great is we never hear them lol and occasionally get a hey how's it going over the fence!
    Neighbours on one side have had issues with but sorted out now. The woman who owns the house is mid 50s and converted the garage to a teenage retreat. For her daughter aged mid20s lol who is obsessed with very loud drum and bass doof doof music as soon as the mum leaves the house that reverberates through our entire house. Just like a teenager I guess anyway after numerous complaints they've sorted it out thankfully.
    House on the other side of us is a rental that always seems to attract problems. It's currently vacant and about to be retenanted and I'm super stressed about who we will get. We are earnestly hoping for someone nice and quiet but if it's a nightmare again have already decided we will put our house up for sale and move. We want to move to a bigger property of a few acres so it would just be bringing those plans forward.
    Neighbours can make your life a misery or make home an even better place to be. I think we are nice reasonable people, I'd love to have nice friendly neighbours!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have great neighbours.

One side is a lady in her sixties. She's lovely, hilarious and quiet!

Other side is a lady in her early 50s. She moved in with her 2 teenaged boys a week after we moved here (8 years ago). They have grown up and moved out. She is also lovely. The boys were always great too - bit of loud music on the weekends here and there but no dramas.

Across the road is a young family (3 boys under 5) who are also friendly and quiet.

We are very blessed!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We live in a small block of flats. Right next door is a quiet guy who works from home and is quite nice. Other side another very quiet couple who keep to themselves. Directly below another couple who are busybodies but fairly harmless and directly above was a single dad with a son my DS's age, but they've moved out and it's currently rented out on airbnb but everyone so far has been quiet and polite.
    We are probably the neighbours that everyone hates with out noisy kids and noisy me! mine are the only kids who play outside- there are at least 6 other kids and two babies in the block but we barely see them. It's a bit of a shame- one is in DS's year at school but she's not allowed to play outside.

I would LOVE a mojito making neighbour that sounds ace!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    One one side we have a couple with 2 young kids. Lots of screaming and yelling comes from that house, both kids and mum. Their bin is directly under our bedroom window and they always decide to put noisy/heavy things in there early on a weekend morning. Like 6am the other week when they threw the little girls dummies out. At 6am. Under our window. With her screaming, crying and carrying on. Was a great way to wake up on one of my rare weekends off. Dad is also a smoker. No idea where he smokes, but it always comes in our windows/doors when they're open. I have been known to close them forcefully (read: slam) because I get so Jack of it.

Other side, don't know much about them. Think they're smokers too because after they moved in the amount of smoke coming into our house seemed to increase.

Across from us is an older couple, keep to themselves mostly.

Over the back fence is a bloke who loves his Saturday afternoon/evening karaoke parties. Even if he's the only one there.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Young couple (prob mid 20's) to one side. They have lived there for around 4 years and when they first moved in (before them it was a single lady) we could hear them violently fighting/screaming etc almost nightly. DS's bedroom is right there and he'd constantly report back to me after overhearing them yelling and smashing things- one time one of them smashed their own front window in after another fight. She'd be screaming at him about going to "f@#k strippers" and on more than one occasion I honestly thought one of them would wind up killing the other and had to call the police. To this day I've never laid eyes on the female but have seen the guy many times coming to and from work. They have just had a baby and we rarely hear them fight these days.
    To the right there's a young family with 2 little boys aged about 5 and 2. They are friendly but apart from the occasional wave hello we don't interact. The guy has great taste in music and plays the drums like a pro. They are polite and have a beautiful house, do lots of backyard parties/entertaining and have a pool. I am very jealous of their pool.... :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore my neighbours. Friends with all of them. Mainly families, and our kids come and go through each other houses...there is always someone to play with. We have a teenage neighbour who does our lawn, a teenage neighbour who babysits. A single woman with grown up kids who bakes for the kids...we have lots of neighbours in close proximity which I love. I would never want to move to acreage. I would really miss having neighbours.
    Last edited by Full House; 18-06-2016 at 06:32.